Monday, November 8, 2010

Dancing With The Stars

Good Morning Everyone,

I've been doing some serious bonding with my quilting machine, Arthur. I named the machine Arthur (as in Arthur Murray) because we dance across the quilts together.  I'm a bit clumsy, he is smooth as silk and never steps on my toes.  As of last night, I'm only about a third of the way finished.....after six hours of dancing!  One would think this would be an excellent weight loss program!

I've got many more hours to go on Summer's Blush.  I have another busy week ahead, so I will just have short periods of time when I can get to my quilting room and spend time with Arthur.  I can see in this picture that I caught a 'stitch in the flange'......sounds like a medical term doesn't it?  Maybe we were dancing a bit too fast. 
Once I set my quilting plan into action, there's no stopping me.  It's just the getting started part that is my hangup.  I worry about the end result way too much instead of trusting my instincts and just GO FOR IT! 

Arthur and I will be taking a break today.  I'll be down at the shop helping customers select fabrics for their beautiful quilts.  My advise for you today is....... trust your instincts and go for it!

Have a wonderful day and week.

As always,

Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Lynn, Oh my gosh, your quilting is stunning! Looks beautiful! I love it! Please post more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting just gets better and better with each quilt. I can see why it's taking so much time. Lots of detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like this is going to be a showstopper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, your quilting talents are awesome.

    ReplyDelete