Friday, October 24, 2014

Images of Autumn

 
Hello Everyone,
 
Blogging friends are the best!  I've been teasing Candace at Squash House Quilts for years about growing a plaid pumpkin for me.  Look what arrived in the mail! 
 


The pumpkin arrived with a table runner to match.  Candace I love it!  She also made a set for my sister Gail.  How lucky can two girls get?  It looks perfect on the coffee table.  Mazey promised me that she wouldn't touch them.....and she hasn't.  She knows how special this is to me.  Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness Candace.


So yesterday I decided to make a Halloween pillow.  By early afternoon I put the finishing touches on it......not so fast.......take a look at the bottom row of double flying geese that I stitched on upside down!


A couple hours later and a couple of blue words, it is all fixed. I can't believe I did that.  I didn't notice it until I took a picture.  Pictures never lie.


Mazey, Mr. Joe and I took a walk down to Snowflake Lake this afternoon.  I hope the trees hold on to their colorful leaves for another week.  The lodge you see nestled in trees, is the location for my quilting retreat next week.  I'm thinking the girls will take breaks and walk around the lake during the day.

Our little grand kids love spending time in this lake during the summer.  The water is usually bone-chilling melted snow, but it doesn't seem to bother them.

 
 
While we were there, a flock of geese came in for a landing.  You would never know Mazey is a hunting dog.  She could have cared less about them.


I LOVE this time of year in the mountains.  It sounds like it is going to be a stormy weekend too.  I hope so.  Stormy weather and quilting go hand in hand, along with getting ready for my Sew'n Wild Oaks quilting retreat.  There are also baseball and football games to watch.  So many fun things to look forward to.  It's going to be a great weekend!

Soon,
Lynn


8 comments:

  1. Yes, I too am the proud owner of a beautiful fall table runner and pumpkin courtesy of Candace. I love mine, too! I don't have many fall decorations, so they are a welcome addition to my dining room table! Love the photos of the lake, Lynn, especially with the reflections in the foreground! Can't wait to see it in person next week. Your pillow is adorable, mistake and all! I don't think I would have had the patience to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous gift for you and Gail from Candace. She is super talented just like you and your sis! Enjoy the stormy weekend in your sewing corner. Love the pillow too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking we are overdue for pics of Mazey. And your pics of that lake are stunning! Love all your fall, fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to take pictures at all stages of the quilting (or pillow!) process. You'll see fabrics that jump out at you (or don't), or wonky blocks when your whole focus is just that picture and not everything around it. It's also a great substitute for a permanent design wall. You'll never forget the order of the blocks if you have a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO happy you and Gail like your fall goodies! I love sharing pumpkins from my plaid pumpkin patch! It looks so gorgeous in your neck of the woods, Lynn! Perhaps Mazey is a canine conservationist and wants to save the geese ;>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute pumpkin. I really like your pillow too, amazing what the camera reveals. I use mine often in my quilting. Beautiful photos of the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun "squishy" package that was to arrive!! And your pillow looks great,even before you fixed the upside down geese!! And the lake looks wonderful with it's lovely fall trees, but I doubt that I would ever set a foot in the water!!! Would you mind telling me where it is located? Paul and I are getting a camper and are looking for places to take it!! It's a 1961 Shasta remake and we are sooo excited!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete