Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Quandry Solved

 
Hello Everyone,
 
When I put a few hours together, I escape to my sewing room and work on my Country Corners quilt.  This is what was on my design wall today.
 

 
This is what was on my design wall yesterday.  Can you find the three blocks that I removed?


I removed three blocks.....


....and replaced them with these blocks that I like more.
 


The change is very subtle, and now that I've done it, I feel much better about the overall look.  Here is a close up of the new blocks.



 
 
This quilt is going to be very, very scrappy.....just my style.  Now I'm making additional blocks from my Patchwork Math book to turn it into a true sampler quilt.  At this point in time, I think it is going to be seven blocks across and seven down.  I'll decide on the borders when I get there.  It's definitely a work in progress that will take many more iterations before I decide on the final layout.

The Courthouse Steps blocks are a definite go. I like the way they frame the blocks.  The Courthouse Steps blocks are so much fun to make and almost mindless.  Sometimes mindless is good, especially after back to back busy weeks....let's make that months.

The whole time I'm making a quilt, I'm thinking about how I'm going to quilt it.  This might just need an all over pantograph without any custom quilting.  Who knows, I may change my mind and custom quilt each block!

Soon,
Lynn

6 comments:

  1. Oh... that is stunning! I love the black in the setting blocks - it really accentuates the sampler blocks. (that is black, isn't it? It's hard to tell on my non- retina mini ipad .. lol !)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST GORGEOUS LYNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AMAZING QUILT !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn, I love the changes, but find my eye drawn to the block two over from the left and in the second row. It has a ,it more white in it than the other blocks, similar to the ones you took out.

    It is a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you never stop? You're like a machine putting out gorgeous quilt blocks and making them into fabulous quilts. I feel like a serious under achiever! Love this quilt! The log cabin blocks are seriously the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly amazing, Lynn! Who knew scrappy could look so stunning! You're so right about the courthouse steps. They frame the blocks beautifully!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete