Monday, November 10, 2014

My Two Days With The Amador Valley Quilters

Hello Everyone,
 
I spent a very pleasant two days with the Amador Valley Quilters. Yesterday I held my Patchwork Math workshop at the beautiful library in Livermore.
 
 
I had a classroom full of very enthusiastic quilters ready for learning, and they all became quilting mathematicians by the end of the workshop.
 


Here I am with my friend Yvonne. 


The classroom was nice and bright and it was FULL of beautiful people and beautiful fabrics! My sister Gail was there with me to help circulate around the room offering advise.  I couldn't do the workshops without her.  I think she earned another cookie yesterday for her services.



Here's just a small sample of what the girls were working on.








I didn't spend enough time taking pictures!  There were so many beautiful blocks that I didn't capture.


 
Time for lunch on the patio on a beautiful Autumn afternoon in California.
 


 
The day before the workshop, I spoke at the guild meeting.  They were a fabulous audience and laughed, sometimes quite heartily, at my stories.  They made me feel very welcome.
 



Thank you so much Amador Valley Quilters for making the weekend so pleasant and memorable. You are the best!

Soon,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. What a great class you had...and even more arrangements for the components!! I love seeing how color choices really make a difference too. By the way, you look like quite the professional you are on the stage :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun was made by all :-D
    So fun to see everyone in your class and what they were making

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that looks like it was a lot of fun - both for you and the attendees! Their blocks look fantastic, too. Well done, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are a fabulous teacher (and a bit of a ham too!). No doubt all of the gals got a lot out of the session and the world is a better place for having that many more quilting mathematicians.

    ReplyDelete