Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Country Corners Month #6

Hello Everyone,
 
Here is month #6 for Country Corners, my free BOM using my Patchwork Math book.
 

 
I've made two variations of the same block.  The first block is my favorite.  I like the black star which is more striking than the red star.  You can really see how fabric placement really makes a difference in the overall look and definition of the block.
  


Square in a square in a square – Make (4) Directions on Page #12
Fussy Cut (4) Squares 2-3/8” x 2-3/8” for centers
Cut (8) Squares 2-1/4” x 2-1/4” for first set of corners

 Trim to 3” x 3” This is important!!! Trim before you sew on the next round of corners
Cut (2) 2-5/8” x 2-5/8” light
Cut (6) 2-5/8” x 2-5/8” medium

 



Lay your components out like this, and then make the rectangles with the little square attached.
 Trim to 4” x 4”


------------------------
Center square
Fussy cut (1) 2-1/2” x 2-1/2” square

 ----------------------
Long rectangles creating the star pattern is not in the book.  Follow the directions below
Cut (4) Rectangles 4” x 2-1/2” light fabric
Cut (8) squares 1-1/2” x 1-1/2” medium or dark fabric
 
Mark a line from corner to corner on each of the 8 squares like so:

  
Place on the rectangle, right sides together, and stitch right on the line.  Trim off excess ¼”  from the seam, and press toward the corner.  Repeat the procedure on the right-hand corner.

 
Sew the rectangles with the little squares to the sides of the center 2-1/2" x 2-12" square.  This will create your star pattern.

I'm off to teach at the shop this morning.  I'm going to have a classroom full of my delightful Sew'n Wild Oaks girls.  I look forward to seeing them every month.  I wonder what they've finished now!!

Soon,
Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the pattern. I just need to get busy now!

    ReplyDelete