Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Girls at Ladybugs

Hello Everyone,
 
I had a full day teaching at Ladybugs Quilts in Manteca yesterday.  The girls wore and used their thinking caps all day long while taking my Patchwork Math class.  Their blocks look gorgeous together!  This picture shows that "Scrappy" is my middle name.  I love seeing their work together.  Each of the girls made a pile of components, then they started to play with them by making different arrangements.
 

Linda, took my Madrigal class at Ladybugs last year and she was so thoughtful to bring her finished quilt top to show me.  I love to see the end results!  This is a wonderful combination of fabrics.  Great work Linda!


I loved Linda's basket of flowers.  Wonderful use of paisley in the flower petals.

 
 
One of the benefits of getting up early is this spectacular California sunrise. 
 


We are off to brunch this morning with our twin granddaughters who just turned 12 on Thursday.  Time goes way too fast.  I want to gather them in my arms and make time stand still. Enjoy every single minute of today, make it special by enjoying life's simple pleasures, the gift of a sunrise.

Soon,
Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Always love to see the new components your students come up with to make beautiful blocks, Lynn! Very creative and colorful! Linda's "Madrigal" is gorgeous in those color choices! Great job, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn! I've had a delightful time catching up on your wonderful posts since we've been gone! They say there is no rest for the wicked, but I see you don't rest and I KNOW you're not wicked (wink). I've been sitting here oohing and aahing over all the wonderful work in your classes and I am over the moon with your Grammy quilt!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete