Friday, November 14, 2014

Grammy Squares Quilt is Together

Hello Everyone,
 
I spent the day getting my Grammy Squares quilts to this point.  I filled in all of the side areas with black to make it rectangular.  I used about ten different black fabrics that I've been collecting.
 


Then I started in on the borders.

 

 
It was together by dinnertime.  What struck me as interesting about this quilt, is the fact that it is made up of scraps from all of my other quilts.  From plaids, to checks, to stripes, I threw them all into the mix to achieve the look of a crocheted, Granny Square afghan.  Since my grand kids call me Grammy, I had to name it Grammy Squares.
 

Mazey wanted to have all of you see her pose in front of a quilt.  I can tell she is growing up because she didn't grab the corner of this one and run around the house waving it around as a flag of surrender with me in hot pursuit.


She really is golden isn't she?  Mazey is the busiest puppy we ever had. She is such a rascal too.  Don't let her angelic looks deceive you.....she is a handful of constant activity.  She thought it was extremely fun to play with the rain pouring out of the downspout yesterday morning.  I was not amused at 5:30am watching her get soaking wet while consuming every drop of rain flowing off the roof!  But, it kept her busy for a few minutes. before she started chasing after pine cones that blew down during the night.


I left the borders nice and wide for the vine and hexagon flowers.  There is still a lot to finish on this quilt, but at least it is to this point so I can work on the applique at night.  I guess I need to design it first!
 
Have a wonderful weekend.
 
Soon,
Lynn

15 comments:

  1. Love the quilt!! Beautiful work and such fun to look at all of the great fabric you were able to put to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, that is absolutely gorgeous! The black is so dramatic! And Mazey is so pretty. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it....is this going to be a pattern....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great scrap quilt! The black background and border really shows off all the colors. And cool to be able to pick out fabrics from your other quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh!! Be still my heart! LOVE this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lynn! I love your new quilt! It is just stunning!! And Mazey looks awful cute sitting next to it, too. Her coat is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JUST GORGEOUS LYNN ! The black fabric is just perfect for this quilt ! LOVE IT !

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, I love the Mazey photos. She will outgrow the puppyhood stage all too quickly. Enjoy her antics. She keeps you laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blend of blacks with your scraps, making it another beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilt and an adorable puppy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks beautiful Lynn!! And I hope you had a wonderful time at your grandson's game!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tell Mazey she modelled that quilt beautifully. It looks wonderful, and I love the black background which is making the colours really pop out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely gorgeous, Lynn! The black fabric really makes a nice contrast with the colorful hexagons! And, of course, Mazey makes a nice contrast, too! She is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the quilt, what a great way to use up scraps and stash for that matter. And it certainly does looks like a Granny crochet quilt.

    ReplyDelete