Friday, January 9, 2015

Fabrics From My Must-Stash

Hello Everyone,
 
Through the magic of computers and photography, I'm able to show how all of my blocks are working together so nicely for Lil' Orphan Scrappy.
 

The 12 blocks that surround the center are the new blocks I made yesterday.  The blocks in the center, is a collage of blocks that I made last month.  Each block is unique.  They are all made out of Marcus fabrics. The blocks are all the same size.  I now have 42 blocks made....30 more to go. 

I'm using the paper bag method to select the setting triangles for each square.  I threw the triangles in a paper bag and just grab one and sew it on.  If I really don't like the look, I cheat and throw it back in the bag and select another one. 

The largest scrap of fabric that I've used for the blocks is 5-1/4" square.  Now I know everyone has a stash of scraps that are at least that big.  This has been a real stash buster......but if you saw my stash, you know that I'm not exactly telling the truth.  I haven't made a dent in it, but I feel good about using what I have.  I love using fabrics from my Must-Stash.

Soon,
Lynn

12 comments:

  1. Love these squares! Wish I had a stash like yours....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you explained the "paper bag method"....you have no idea where my head was going with it! Another great quilt, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks! I love scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blocks gorgeous. However, what do you take anyway-you turn out all those blocks in such a short timeframe. I am truly amazed and in awe. Love the blocks. And, yes, I have plenty of scraps and no excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is looking very good! I have the same stash problem - I make a quilt entirely from stash fabrics but it hardly makes a dent in my supply. How does that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to play with your stash. Why is it that seeing what comes out of another quilter's stash makes us wish that? The grass is always greener sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you have a great must-stash! And a great quilt in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly have a beautiful stash and your quilt is gorgeous so far !

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is looking very nice. You have a great stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of the stars! And I laugh at how you use the paper bag method - I'm like you...have to cheat! I made one quilt that was totally random (no cheating), and the placement of some of the colors still drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is wonderful! I adore scrappy quilts and these repros really make the block something special. I too, am a PBC (paper bag cheater)- I had the same experience as Julie. I made one quilt for which I didn't do a PBC and years later there's still color combinations in it that annoy me. Never again, lol.

    Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Jo :)

    ReplyDelete