Thursday, March 1, 2018

Where to Begin?

Hello Everyone,
 
I'm starting the quilt show today with Barbara's colorful umbrellas.......we are going to need them for the rest of the week.
 
 
 I had two Sew'n Wild Oaks groups this week at In Between Stitches, so there's a lot to show you.  Kathy's Halloween quilt is an heirloom.
 
This background fabric is perfect!






Barbara made the table runner with all of the fabrics you see behind it.


Melody made three quilts for three siblings who lost their home in the Santa Rosa fire last fall.  Quilters are so generous and giving of their time and talents.





Karen finished her Scrappy Leaves!!  This was absolutely stunning.


Doris is making baby quilts for a special little one.


This is the start of something from Isabelle.  Cut, cut, sew, sew.


Kristi clowning around.  She keeps us in stitches!


I did a little foundation pieced demonstration, so a few of the girls made some little 4" blocks.





 
Gail is beginning her Country Sunshine quilt.  Just deciding on what goes where is a big decision on her block layout sheet.
 

Kristi took a collage quilt class a In Between Stitches.  So cute!


Here are the beginnings of two Judy Neimeyer quilts.  They are so intricate, and all paper-pieced.


Here's a Heartfire quilt by Rose.


Here's a Grammy Square quilt by Laurie.


Such a busy week.  We left the cabin on Sunday so we could watch the little boys play flag football.  Our grandson Jess, is handing the ball off to grandson Kade.  Team Wilder in action!

 
Then on Tuesday, we were able to watch the boys again in a baseball, pre-season game.  Kade is the pitcher, and cousin Jess is the catcher.  These Wilder boys are going to be a force to be reckoned with as they grow into men. 


I'm teaching a Patchwork Math workshop on the other side of the bay for the Mt. Tam guild on Saturday.  We decided to just stay put in Livermore and not attempt to go back to the cabin on Wednesday.  The biggest snow storm of the season is beginning NOW.  We knew if we were up at the cabin, there is no way we could have gotten out Friday, and get to the workshop in time on Saturday. Three to four feet of snow is predicted for our area.  We will attempt to get back to the mountains on Sunday......after the last flag football game of the season!  Something tells me we will be bonding with the snow shovel and snow blower!

I finally updated by schedule for the year at the top of my blog.  I told myself I was going to cut back this year.....what happened?

Soon,
Lynn

 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi gorgeous!! I just missed you by a day. :( Paul and I had to go to Concannon to quote on a cover for some equipment yesterday, and we stopped in at the store. I was hoping that I might be lucky and that you might be there, but no. But we did get to see Kristi: that was nice. :-) Bought a few things and then we rushed home to try and miss all the afternoon rush hour traffic. Glad you stayed in town till after the snow storm. I was thinking about you, imagining you up there in all that snow! What a fun week to get to watch the kids and all their sports! Have a great week! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you updated your 2018 schedule. I checked a week or so ago and thought about emailing you but I really didn't want to bug you. I know you are very busy. Hoping to catch one of your quilt retreats with my sister and/or a friend. Now I know the dates!

    ReplyDelete