Friday, March 30, 2018

Quilt Show Preparations

Hello Everyone,
 
I've been pretty quiet on social media this week.  I have a very busy stretch beginning next week with one lecture in Petaluma, a quilt show in Concord, two classes in Livermore at In Between Stitches, and three minutes of terror at NCQC (Northern California Quilt Council). 
 
I put the bed risers on the dining room table and cut fabric bundles for a couple of days.  Mr. Joe even got in on the action of folding fabrics.  However, he doesn't enjoy petting all of the fabrics the way I do!
 

Once I get everything folded, then it's time to make the fat 1/8 and fat 1/4 bundles, price, then enter them in the accounting spreadsheet.




It's never too early to start those kits for Christmas!

 
 Plaids, glorious plaids!!!!

This is just a small sampling of what is going to be in my booth at the Contra Costa County Guild quilt show in Concord on April 7th and 8th.  I would love to have a lot of you come by and see us!


I have my design wall up with the blocks for the Alaskan quilt on it.  I glanced over and saw the sun coming through my version of a Midnight Sun block.  Perfect timing.  I fudged and moved the block just a bit for maximum rays.

 
Now to explain my three minutes of terror at NCQC that I mentioned at the top of the post.  I will be presenting myself, my work, my lecture and workshop topics in 3 minutes at the Northern California Quilt Council in Pleasant Hill.  Three measly minutes to talk about a body of work spanning a decade.  A person in the front row will hold up a yellow card which signifies only 30 more seconds remain.  When the red card comes out, so does the hook just like The Gong Show from the 1970's.
The purpose of this talk is to book lectures and workshops at quilt guilds for 2019.  My 2019 is already starting to fill, so I'm wondering if I should subject myself to the 3 minutes stress test.  Too late to back out now.

More printing and stuffing patterns today.  I pretty much keep the printer running whenever I'm quilting.  Multi-tasking to the max!

Soon,
Lynn

 

1 comment: