Friday, November 13, 2015

Lucy Boston Class was in Session

Hello Everyone,
 
I was in Turlock at Cloth and Quilts on Wednesday for my Lucy Boston class. Cloth and Quilts has an excellent selection of fabrics for Lucy Boston.  We made an occasional "field trip" from the classroom to the shop and found just the perfect fabrics for the girls.
 
The group did a great job selecting their fabrics for their blocks.  They really embraced fussy cutting their centers!
 


As they prepared their pieces, they placed them on their numbered layout sheets with the corresponding number on the back of the paper template.  I love to be organized and this is one way to keep me on track.


Linda used her tower of Forget Me Not by Sue Daley for Penny Rose fabrics to make her coordinated blocks.



It is so much fun to watch the centers come to life and create beautiful designs.


Isn't this an interesting center!




 
This has been a very busy week!  I drove home from the show in Chico through rain, wind and tornado warnings on Monday.  I had my Sew'n Wild Oaks class on Tuesday at In Between Stitches. Then on Wednesday I was at Cloth and Quilts.  I'll be back at Cloth and Quilts on Saturday for my Patchwork Math class.  Next week, feet up, slow down, read, quilt, and B-R-E-A-T-H-E......just in time to get ready for Thanksgiving. 
 
We've also been watching two of the grandkids play basketball during the week and on Sunday.  One of the little boys is playing in a soccer All Star game tonight.  I'm taking my snuggies because it's going to be freezing!  This is the last weekend for soccer, but look out basketball court here we come!  At least the basketball court is nice and warm.  But, we had forgotten just how pungent a gym full of sweaty bodies running around smells.  Some things never change!
 
Soon,
Lynn
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Love the Lucy Boston configurations everyone had come up with. They are so interesting and pretty. Good job Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are so pretty! And Your comments about the gym smells: :-D Have fun relaxing next week!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tornado warnings in California? Crazy! I've loved seeing all the Lucy Boston blocks in blogland & was excited when I won a quilt shop giveaway of a huge package of elongated hexagon paper pieces - I thought they would work to make these, but it isn't the right shape I guess. Made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're becoming like the postman, through sleet and snow and all that! I hope you get a chance to kick back and relax soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn you're a little bit of the postmistress and Mrs Santa Claus all rolled into one! The Wilder Express driving up and down the highways in all sorts of weather delivering the most wonderful classes to all good quilters! And I know you love the color red! I can see it now - just have Mr. Joe paint the Jeep red! Thanks to you and these wonderful posts, I now have all my ducks in a row for Lucy Boston and even a friend here to share the fun!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete