Saturday, November 28, 2015

Sewing Wild Oaks Class was in Session

Hello Everyone,
 
I finally resurfaced after a few days of getting ready for two Thanksgivings, one Thursday and one Friday.  We have to share our kids with the other in-laws to keep peace in the family.
 
My Sew'n Wild Oaks class was last Tuesday.  As always the girls never cease to amaze and delight me with their creations.
 
The final glimpse of Fall shows Barbara's cute little scarecrow.  If you look closely, you will notice that she named this one Mr. Joe.
 

All of the scarecrows have names.  While Barbara was at the retreat, she gathered names for the scarecrows from the girls.  Mr. Joe is my personal favorite!


Barbara also converted her Buttonwood pillow into a tote bag for Christmas.  Here' the front....


 ......and here's the back.  SEW cute!

 Pat finished up her pillow top too.


So did Laurie.

Laurie also brought in her finished Emilie Elizabeth quilt top to show me.  This was a BOM at In Between Stitches and she faithfully kept up every month of the program.  Just look at the heirloom quilt she has to show for her efforts!  Well done YOU!


Here's another almost finished top by Karen, Grammy Squares.  Karen told me she thought this project was very daunting when she began......and didn't know if she could complete it.  Her persistence paid off.  Her hexies flowers are finished and now she's working on the applique ribbon.  This will be in the finish column soon.


Donna Fey is working on her Butterscotch Basket blocks all in shades of Autumn. 


Barbara is making a red, white and blue Lil' Orphan Scrappy quilt from, what else, a box of red, white and blue scraps!


Diane is also working on her Lil' Orphan Scrappy quilt using her reproduction scraps.  Diane is so organized and was cranking these blocks out one after another.


Pat selected backing and binding for her beautiful Jo Morton quilt. 


Suzanne's Once Upon a Vine is coming right along.


Marti's is also going to be in the finished column soon.  Her hexie grapes are almost finished, and her rows are almost all sewn together too.


Now we begin Christmas.  Wendy made cute little Mittens with Moxie for her co-workers.  In 13 days, Wendy will be joining the ranks of "retired" and loving it.  The little mittens will be a great way for her co-workers to remember her.
 


So let's talk about persistence.  My girls consistently finish projects.  They don't just "think" about working on a project, they actually work on their projects on a daily or weekly basis.  If you spend a half hour a day on something, all of your work adds up over time, and you have something beautiful to show for your efforts.

I think this is true for everything in life.  If I just "think" about doing something it's never going to get done.  Time passes all too quickly.  Sometimes I say to myself, "I'll do that tomorrow." Well, my tomorrows get so filled that I wish I'd done a certain project while I was "thinking" about it instead of waiting for tomorrow. 

Today, I'm going to be very much in the moment and start decorating for Christmas.  My granddaughter Emily is going to help me.  She is so much like me when it comes to crowds and shopping.  I detest crowds and I'm not too fond of shopping either.  We will enjoy being together, play Christmas carols, and decorate to our heart's content without thinking about tomorrow.

Soon,
Lynn



5 comments:

  1. I sew enjoy all the eye candy you provide in your posts.

    Have fun decorating and let the Christmas season begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, are your gals ever finishers! What gorgeous works - and Barbara really nailed Mr. Joe! Enjoy decorating with Emily - I'm sure you two will have Santa beaming with envy!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great group of Quilters. I love being around Quilters who "actually" do dive in and work on their projects with dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work from my friends! I missed you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous all - love the Buttonwood tote!

    ReplyDelete