Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Lil' Orphan Scrappy BOM

Hello Everyone,
 
We are starting a new Block of the Month at In Between Stitches and it is my Lil' Orphan Scrappy.  I will be selecting, cutting, and packing your cute little bundles of fabric for the next 10 months. I'll also be making the blocks along with you.  For details, click HERE.
Block #1

You know me, I love scrappy and I get to select the fabrics from the entire store!  I'm just like a kid in a candy shop without the dreaded calories.  The fabrics will be predominately reproduction fabrics.  It will not be identical to my quilt, but it will have the same look and feel. 
 
Block #2
You will receive enough fabric to make eight, 6-1/2" blocks per month.  A swatch sheet and cutting chart will be available each month.  There's no guessing on your part which fabric goes where.  I've figured it out for you.  First you will be making the blocks and later on in the program you will be adding the setting triangles.  I'll do a layout in EQ7 to help you along the way.


 
The blocks are easy, they are fun, and they are addicting.  I imagine you will be incorporating some of you own fabrics from your stash into this one.

I'm still getting ready for my show in Chico.  Lots and lots of things to do over the next couple of days. I'm going to try to carve out some time to work on my little Snowmen!

Soon,
Lynn
 

6 comments:

  1. Very excited about the block of the month :)
    Have a great time in Chico!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Scrap Happy girls in Chico will love to hear about this! See you soon and please bring those little snow people with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love star quilts seeing this beauty has given me motivation to start on of my own

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, buy! I can sew along with you - my fabric is all prepare and ready to go! I bet you'll have nonstop fun in Chico - enjoy!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were the blocks on your original quilt 6 1/2" or some other size?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun in chico!! Can't wait to see more of your little snowmen!! :-) Is Gail going with you? Tell her hi from me! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete