Monday, August 3, 2020

Mini Retreat Preparations

Hello Everyone,

What do you think of this cute little block that will finish at 4-1/2"?


This block came about when I started preparations for a mini retreat next week.  I got out my collection of Betsy Chutchian fabrics which I call my "Betsy Bin".  I like to keep certain collections all together in one place.


I started selecting fabrics for the triple Churn Dash block, and started making little components.  All of Betsy's fabrics work so well together.  I can mix and match from my fabric assortment, and know it is going to work.


I love to begin with a center that has more than three colors.  In this center I see red, blue and brown, so that's what I selected to create a frame around my center.


Next Monday, I'm going to post a tutorial with the cutting directions and construction for this little block.


I'll be experimenting with different setting options in EQ software, and post suggestions.  So you will get to choose what you want to do with the blocks if you decide to make them.


This little project came about when I wanted to have something small to work on at a mini retreat next week.  My big, Sew'n Wild Oaks retreat with 36 quilters was supposed to start next week at Snowflake Lodge.  Well, as you can guess, that was cancelled.  

To fill this time with something fun, my sister is going to come up to her cabin which is only a mile from mine, and we are going to have a mini retreat.  A couple of friends from our "social bubble" will be joining us.  I needed a small project to work on, due to space issues.  This little project is going to fill the bill nicely.  So tune in next Monday and throughout the week to watch my progress and check out the tutorial.

Soon,
Lynn


27 comments:

  1. Another great quilt. Love the pattern. Have fun with the mini retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serious FOMS! In our conversation yesterday, Martha mentioned that we were missing our retreat next week, then we relived some memories of the past. It was such a good time for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be together next year Fran! You were the life of the party. I think you have your own fan club.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this little block, Lynn! Churn Dash has always been my favorite block! If you find a fly on your shoulder at the mini retreat, don't brush it off...it will be me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise not to swat any flies Candace! I love this block too.

      Delete
  4. Sweet little block, Lynn. What a great way to still have retreat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie. All of you will be invited to my mini retreat.

      Delete
  5. great block, and you always know how to put the fabrics together so they are so pretty! And, no!! I hadn't realized that the retreat should have been next week! You'll hear me sobbing all the way from Healdsburg!!! I hope all this mess from the virus will be over soon! I'm calling it "the year that never was", since so many things have been cancelled! Give Gail a hug from me: I miss you both!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll miss you Helen. Such an odd year. Everyday is the same, and time is going so fast. Since we don't have garbage service, I never know what day it is!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Helen! Hugs back to you and miss you, too!

      Delete
  6. I love those fabrics Lynn, and the way you put them together! I need to shop that designer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. Betsy Chutchian fabric designs are so classy. It fits right in with my style of quilts.

      Delete
  7. Those little Churn Dashes are so stinkin' cute! Looking forward to the tutorial and joining an online "retreat" to make some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be able to make these in your sleep Janice!

      Delete
  8. I love your little blocks, especially in any of Betsy Chutchian's fabrics! Thanks to you and other wonderful bloggers, my lockdown has been filled with lovely photos, patterns, and inspirations.
    That is such a gift! :-))
    Mary in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting Mary. I really appreciate it. Betsy's fabrics are all so beautiful.

      Delete
  9. You are sew talented at putting fabric colors and patterns together. Enjoy your in house mini retreat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the fabrics are this gorgeous, it is a breeze putting the colors together. We will have a good time next week quilting, talking, laughing, and eating!

      Delete
  10. I really like this block Lynn--so looking foward to the tutorial. Very beautiful fabric line too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The block is fun and easy Lynn. It is also a good use of scraps.

      Delete
  11. Love, love, love your blocks! "Sew" cute! I am missing our retreat that we were to have in March and then again in September. Both have been cancelled! I am hoping this is NOT the new norm! - This feels like the movie "Ground Hogs Day" - the same thing over and over again. Enjoy your mini retreat! HUGS... and stitches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christie! I know what you mean about Ground Hog Day. We don't have garbage service, so I never know what day of the week it is.

      Delete
  12. I sew appreciate your explanation of how you choose the fabrics to surround your center!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works like a charm every time! Give it a try.

      Delete
  13. I think this is my favorite! Just love it. Great fabric selection. too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is going to be a sweet, little quilt. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete