Saturday, July 14, 2012

Christmas Quilt Along - Post #5

Hello Again,

I took a small break to go to the car show downtown. Mr. Joe's car is entered in the show, so I went to be with him for a little while.

When I'm not answering email or looking at cars, I've been working on a new pillow pattern using the Sentiments fabric from 3 Sisters for Moda.  The top will finish off at 18" square.  You know, this would make a nice quilt block too......hhhmmmmmm. 



I started out by framing the center section, with plaid of course!


Then I made up a batch of double flying geese.


They went around next.

Another strip of tone-on-tone red.  I could have stopped here for a 16" pillow.  But you know me, it had to have a flange!



A plaid flange!


Hope all of your Christmas projects are going along well.

Soon,

Lynn

11 comments:

  1. You put together that pillow beautifully. The Sentiments fabric is just so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a beautiful pillow. I love your choice of fabrics and design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Won't that look so nice in the cabin for Christmas, Lynn! I hope Mr. Joe won a prize at the car show!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there anything you CAN'T do? That's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! love the border treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - I love BIG pillows, so this is terrific. I have some of those little fussies - hmmm, I see some presents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so cute! Love the way you framed the block!

    ReplyDelete