The backing is made and now it's time to get Prairie Flower loaded onto the long arm. I put a roll of film over the blocks, and with a dry erase pen, started drawing what I think I'm going to quilt.
I was going to cross-hatch the beige area in this quilt, but then I remember that cross-hatching would look like horizontal and vertical lines on a block which is set on point. Back to the drawing board, and I came up with this.
This should make the red squares pop along the outside border.
The outside triangles will look like this.
The only part of the quilt I actually marked is the black setting squares. I used a Sewline chalk pen. It doesn't rub off easily, has a nice sharp point, and I can see it!