Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Drop-In Class is in Session

Hello Everyone,

I wish all of you could have been in the classroom at In Between Stitches yesterday for my monthly drop-in class.  Thirteen talented quilters set up sewing machines, opened up their project boxes and just look at what treasures spilled out and decorated the walls and the tables.  They have been very busy working on these projects for the past month.

Kay finished her beautiful house for Party in the Garden.


Janice worked on her birdhouse for Party in the Garden.


Party in the Garden by Paula.

Take a good look at these adorable little flowers that Paula made to fill her hanging basket.  They were tiny.  And you thought I was the queen of tiny pieces!


Party in the Garden hexie flowers by Kathy.



The House on Edgewood Lane by Cindy.  This is Cindy's second house applique block.  She made another one for a good friend.



Carlynn brought a new project and I failed to get the name....sorry.  The blocks were beautiful and I should have taken a picture of the whole grouping.


Madrigal by Ann.  This one is going to be done soon.  Ann finished all of her blocks, center applique, flanges, and is putting the whole thing together.


Barbara finished her first Minglewood block and I think she's ready to fearlessly start in on block #2.


Kaye is making two of these beauties called Sallie's Quilt by Bonnie Blue.  She is so determined to finish, that she stayed in the classroom long after the rest of us went home. She gets extra credit on her report card.


Hexie flowers by Carol for Summer's Blush.  So colorful and so pretty.



Gingerbreadmen by Marie for Holiday Treats Tablerunner.  Marie has all of her components finished and is ready to put this tablerunner together.

Glenda was working on Blossoms of Friendship.  All of her blocks are finished and she's working on the gorgeous border.

Janice gave us a great idea.  There was cotton batting secured to a paper towel  roll, and she rolled her applique block around it.  This is a wonderful idea to keep those blocks nice and neat.


Isabelle got her whole Party in the Garden quilt together and is now working on the borders.   Some customers wandered into the classroom and looked at her quilt in amazement.  Where's the picture?  What can I say, I'm an idiot and got so carried away that I forgot to take a picture. Next month you will get to see the finished quilt top....I promise.

I'm so proud of all of these women.  They are amazing!   All these wonderful creations make my head spin and I'm ready to work on a little quilting of my own today. How about you?

As always,

Lynn

5 comments:

  1. What a fun day for all in your class ! Thanks for sharing all of their projects .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word - what talent there is here! I sure I wish my old hands could make those teeny, tiny flowers! Everyone's work is gorgeous, Lynn! You are quite the inspiration! I'm applying binding to a quilt just off Vinnie today!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such talented women - incredibly inspirational projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must feel like a proud mother. What great students!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What busy, and talented ladies you have in the class. All the work looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete