Friday, January 20, 2012

A New Spin on Madrigal

Happy Friday Everyone,
A new line of fabric arrived at the shop a couple of weeks ago and a few fat quarters followed me home.  Urban Cowgirl by Urban Chicks for Moda is such a pretty and unique fabric line.  As soon as I saw it, I knew exactly what I was going to make.  So I took a little bit of this.......

.....and added a little bit that from my stash.......


.....and a new version of Madrigal is coming alive.  I'm auditioning fabric from my stash for borders, flanges and setting squares.  This is a totally different look than the first version.  All of my required elements are in this quilt, plaids, checks, stripes and polka dots.


This could be Christmassy.....or not.  The personality of this quilt is starting to reveal itself with each and every block.


Between making blocks, I'm working on the directions for Winterset.  I refined the block layout sheet and cutting chart.  Now, I'm making the block while keying in the steps at the same time.  Making graphics along the way while trying to make the instructions crystal clear, takes lots of time.

The binding for Winterset is almost finished too.  My goal is to have it finished and on display in the shop next week.

Enjoy your day and be creative. 

As always,

Lynn

4 comments:

  1. What yummy fabric ! I just love the green and reds in this fabric !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just saw that new line - with your additions Madrigal will be a totally different quilt, Lynn! Sounds like you're accomplishing a lot at the cabin!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just can't wait to see this quilt! Love that new fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Both of these projects make my heart smile. :)

    ReplyDelete