Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pandamania

Hello Everyone,

I spent my day making a panda for the Toyland quilt while watching the football playoffs.  This is one of those UFO's that has been stashed away for at least a year.  I guess that is what happens when I have "quilters block."  I found the black check in my stash and instantly saw a panda.  I know what you are thinking right about now....but really......I saw a panda bear come alive before my eyes.  I still have some futzing to do on it as it isn't exactly right just yet.


 
Here are the rest of the blocks that I've completed so far.  






The snowman is the only one with a face so far.  One of these days I'll work on faces so all of the blocks can see each other.  This snowman needs a pipe, but I'm anti-smoking so that isn't going to happen.

 
I do want to get this quilt finished in the next few months and get it out of the project box and up on the wall, at least in time for next Christmas! 

I never realized just how much money I had tied up in projects that are packed away in boxes or bags.  Those UFO's can really add up and need to be finished.  I have to start somewhere, and this is the one I'm going to be working on......along with several more......but who's counting??

As always,

Lynn

7 comments:

  1. Before you know it you'll have this quilt ready for Christmas! It's just adorable!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute pattern. What is the name of it? Still working on my Blossoms of Friendship quilt but it's there. Hope to be done in the next four or five months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the blocks are adorable but I think the snowman is my favorite, not because he has a face but because I love snowmen.

    I know what you mean about UFOs...I have quite a few myself. My goal for 2012 is to get as many as possible out of their project boxes and on the 'finish' list.

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blocks are fantastic, I don't know which one is my favourite, they are each unique. I don't want to try and count up my UFO's, but this is the Year for completing several of them. Thanks for sharing, I've only just stumbled upon your blog, and love your work. Needless to say, I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A proper quilter has to have many ufos! My excuse anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blocks are all so cute. I love the panda, and the snowman, and the jack-in-the-box, and the teddy in the Christmas hat, and - well, I just love them all. Is the pattern another of your brilliant masterpieces?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lynn these blocks are beyond adorable. I love each one. The snowman's face is wonderful.

    I love your style. :-)

    ReplyDelete