Thursday, January 5, 2012

Blueberry Crumb Cake Fabric is Ready to be Served!

Hello Everyone,

After much agonizing, ripping, and yes, a few blue words that matched the quilt, Winterset is ready for the quilting machine.  I'm extremely pleased with the way she turned out.  The pinwheel border was a huge diversion from my first border thoughts.  (My thoughts are usually borderline anyway!)


Forty-four pinwheels later, this quilt/wallhanging is trying to propel itself right off the bed and onto my long arm quilting machine.  This is one of the few times when I know exactly what I'm going to quilt.  Since I've been working on this for so long, I'd better know how to quilt it!


The flange, I love the blue check flange.  That was an afternoon of ripping out and replacing....but I'm so glad I bit the bullet and made the changes.



Now I have to get serious about writing the directions.  I'm off to a good start with the help from my PTD (pattern test dummy).  I'm teaching this class in February at In Between Stitches, and I think the ladies that signed up for it would like to know just how much fabric they need to buy.  Darned if I know!  My calculator and I will be doing some serious bonding over the next few days.

The moral of this post is......if you don't like something.....change it!  If it is something about a quilt or something about your life.....change it!  Don't settle for mediocre.....make changes however large or small they may be, will make a difference in how you feel about yourself and life.

As always,

Lynn

9 comments:

  1. such a beautiful quilt! i am in total agreement with you regarding change! Sometimes the best in life (or quilts) comes when we are willing to make changes. :) karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous ! Changes are a good thing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful...gorgeous fabrics.
    The changes look great...well worth the effort!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Lynn!!! You've created a masterpiece! Can't wait to see how you quilt it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it!!!! I wish I lived closer and could take the class. The quilt is such a beautiful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Lynn, and how true your words are, I have discovered some of my UFO's are UFO's because there is something about them I dislike. Once I figure that out, use the seam ripper and change things around, it no longer is a UFO and it becomes something I enjoy finishing . Change can be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been thinking about your Blueberry Crumb Cake Quilt even though I haven't been blogging recently - it has been on my mind! What I was wondering Lynn - Will you offer this as a kit? I would love to make your quilt with this fabric line and I am not sure where I can get it locally. Our local quilt store closed in the Fall. Speaking of change, I am debating becoming an independent quilt/knit shop owner. I just said it outloud:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You already know how beautiful I think this quilt it. I am so looking forward to seeing how you quilt it now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Sentiments and quilt. I especially love the bias tape gingham details. This quilt is going to be divine when it's quilted.

    ReplyDelete