Thursday, January 26, 2012

Madrigal and Embroidery

Hello Everyone,

I'm working on the embroidered embellishments on Madrigal.  I have to get the center section completed before I can sew the blocks together. 


Since my leaves are a light green and cream check, I decided to stitch around each leaf to give them a subtle dimension.  Once I started this, I realized just how many leaves I need to outline.  This will keep me busy during television time in the evening.



We have friends coming for dinner tonight, Santa and Mrs. Mike.  Mrs. Mike had total knee replacement surgery just two weeks ago, so this is a big outing for her.  I gave Mrs. Mike the option of bringing dinner to her, or she could maneuver her walker to our house.  She choose to get out of the house since she is getting bored with her surroundings.

If dinner turns out, I'll post the recipe and a picture on the recipe section tomorrow.  Santa and Mrs. Mike have been my new recipe guinea pigs for the past 35 years.  I've had a couple of flops.....but Santa Mike is very kind and gentle with his food critique.

As always,

Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Looks great...I can see that you are quite an expert...ciao Alison ( Italy )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is right up my alley, Lynn! I just love the added dimension the embroidery gives! How fun to have FTD's (Food Test Dummies) for your recipes! Mr. Squash has always been mine! Can't wait to see what you cook up!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embellishments really bring the design to life.

    ReplyDelete