Saturday, July 19, 2014

Puddles of Color

Hello Everyone,
 
I've been diligently working on the Grammy Squares quilt.  Block after block.....
 

...they are so much fun to make.


I love selecting the color combinations.  I love putting in strips of plaid.




I have quite a pile to incorporate. 


I work on five at a time.  I sew on a strip, press, then trim.


I would rather make the blocks than stitch them together. For every block I make, I'm forcing myself to stitch five blocks together.  These "Y" seams keep getting easier.  Maybe by the time I finish, I'll have this figured out.  At it widest point, this measures 48".  I can stop adding to the width and concentrate on the length, or I can make it a larger.  It is decision time when it comes to the size.

 
I had an ah-ha moment last night while sitting out on the deck with my sister Gail, and Mr. Joe during Happy Hour.  I've figured out the borders.  My figuring added months of time to this quilt, so a finish date will not be until 2015.....but it is going to be worth the wait.

I've titled this blog post puddles of color.  Gee, I wonder why I named it that?  Do you think I've been around the new little puppy too much?   

Soon,
Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Speaking of Mazey, we need a photo. She's bound to be growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the stand point of not needing another project, I did NOT need to see this post... these blocks are gorgeous!!!
    Love the black fabric framing each of them! Enlarge the pictures and it's a slide show of real beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your puddles of colour...definitely the name was influenced by Mazey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely stunning!!! Is that blue in the background surrounding strip or black? Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the grammy squares. The colors play and compliment each other well, and it makes me want to crochet another granny afghan!

    ReplyDelete