Thursday, July 31, 2014

More Grammy Squares

Hello Everyone,
 
You are probably getting tired of seeing Grammy Squares......I am too!  Since I haven't posted for a few days, I thought I'd better show you what I've been up to, in addition to the normal, mundane chores around the house. I do not think a picture of a clean kitchen floor will do much for my blog rating! 
 

My squares started the day as babies with only a center and the first round completed.  The squares are in the same order in the following sequence of pictures.


After round two was added, they were beginning to grow and develop a personality. (Just like kids and pups!)


Round three really changed their looks.


By dinnertime, they had their last round attached, and they are fully grown at 6-1/4"......pretty tiny.  Our friend Kay said I wouldn't have to make so many if I made them larger!  She has a good point there.





Today, we are going on an outing up into the high country.  We'll pack a picnic lunch, load Mazey into the car, and off we go for an adventure at a high mountain lake.  Oh joy, we will have that wonderful wet dog smell all the way home!  So, my advice to you today is to frolic like a puppy, investigate and find the wonder in each and every little thing, leave no stone unturned, don't bark at anyone, and be so happy to see everyone you meet that you make them smile.

Soon,
Lynn

9 comments:

  1. Great blocks and great advice, does that mean it's ok if I smell like a wet puppy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A photo of your clean kitchen floor is just what I need today... inspiration to clean mine!! Love those blocks no way are photos of them boring. Now... I'm off to play puppy and chase my tail some more! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. NEVER sick of seeing these blocks!! Magnificent!! Must make some too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I could use a clean kitchen floor today. I know wet meow fur, but they have settled in for a nap so maybe in 8 hrs I can romp with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wet dog smell-means I have a loving fur ball nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the grammies! Have a great day today, Im recovering from just that type of day today as we went to Shipshewana and then wandering in the forest preserves yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you took us from the start to the finish of these blocks! Hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a wonderful day planned and the advice you gave us is just great. Hope the wet dog smell doesn't linger in the car for too long though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never tire of seeing your seeing your granny squares. Have a fun day at the Lake !

    ReplyDelete