Thursday, June 14, 2012

Making Magic....October Magic

Hello Everyone,

Now that I cleared the sewing room decks of all red and green fabric that I used in Country Charmer, I can get back to October Magic. I was experimenting with a border idea yesterday, and this seems to be sticking....literally on my design wall and in my heart.


I've been mass producing flying geese, four at a time.....flocks of them.  The tutorial for making the geese is under the Virtual Classroom tab at the top of the blog.  I'm making flying geese that measure 1-1/2" x 3" finished.  I'm starting with (1)  4-1/2" square of a dark fabric, and (4) 2-1/2" squares of a light fabric. which makes four geese at a time.


I pulled fabrics together that spoke "Autumn" to me.  Don't you know that scarecrows speak Autumn!


We have these wonderful little bundles of Candy Corn fabric by Renee Nanneman at the shop. Click HERE to see the whole line. It speaks Autumn too.  The shop has the whole line of this yummy collection.  The bundle isn't on the website, but you can email the shop if you are interested in them.



My flock of geese will be circling this garden of pumpkins.  More to come!  I'm making geese and borders by day and I'm appliqueing by night.  I love these little plaid pumpkins!




I'm off to tend to my flock.

As always,

Lynn

6 comments:

  1. No one is more anxious than I to see this quilt finished, Lynn! Even the pumpkins look like the ones in my garden ;>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed your progress, Lynn and can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting on pins and needle waiting to see this one finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those colors and your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice! I love fall colors too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weeeellllllll,

    I''m sorry I missed the contest but I'm NOT sorry for saving the blogs to catch up on!!

    Thank you Lynn... and I'm looking forward to the next 500!!!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete