Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Go To The Head of the Class Photos

Hello Everyone,

How do you approach a new quilting project? Do you buy the pattern first, then select the fabric at the store or do you shop in your own stash? Or do you have just the perfect fabric in the hope of finding the perfect pattern?

The ladies that signed up for my Sallie's Quilt class all approached the project in about the same manner. They brought in baskets and tubs of fabric from home.

A couple of the ladies bought the kit of fabric that I chose for the project from the wonderful fabric selection at In Between Stitches. Each block needs five different fabrics.

After the five different fabrics were selected for each block, some of the ladies put them in plastic baggies.

....and others rolled them into perfect little bundles.




I was lusting over Jean's basket of reproduction fabrics!
Then the girls got right to work making their blocks. Some of them did their homework....I'm not going to mention any names here!



Janice stopped by to show us her doggie quilt that she was making. This got me to thinking this would be a fun "I-Spy" quilt.


She's been buying fabric with doggy prints on it for as long as she can remember.
Kay's blocks have a "hint" of Autumn in them. The black sashing adds a dramatic touch and makes the blocks just pop off the wall. Kay's daughter liked this quilt soooo much, that Kaye will be making two, yes two of them!
By the end of the second class, Jenny finished all of her 32 blocks! She is one speedy quilter.
Carole used a mix of reproduction fabric with a sprinkle of other fabrics from her stash.

Ladies, your quilts are going to be fabulous and I can't wait to see them. Thank you all for the two evenings of fun.

Sallie's Quilt pattern, available here: http://www.inbetweenstitches.com/shopping/patterns/page_3.aspx is a great "stash-buster" quilt. The largest piece of fabric you need for the blocks in only 4-1/2". It's a fun block to make and you will become addicted to selecting your fabrics for the blocks.

My quilt is done and now I'm down to the binding....oh my....wish me luck!

As always,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment