Thursday, July 3, 2014

Getting Back to Normal

Hello Everyone,
 
Remember these?  It's been forever since I worked on my little Grammy Squares.  
 

Now that life is getting back to normal, I have time to make some more.


But since it has been so long since they've seen the light of day......I've come up with a better idea on what to do with them.


Maybe I should set all of my projects aside for months at a time and rethink the intended plan.

Thank you so much for all of your kind words regarding my taping for TQS.  I still have to answer many of your wonderful comments and emails.  I'll eventually get to them. I haven't been on the computer much or in the sewing room at all this week.

We were planning on an extended stay at the cabin, but it just too hot up in the mountains and we don't have air conditioning.  Mr. Joe and I have been relaxing (if you consider cleaning the garage relaxing) and enjoying family.  Actually, cleaning part of the garage was a nice break.  We have boxes to go through that we moved into this house in 1987!  Most of the boxes have not been opened.  Treasures.....I've found buried treasures!  In reality, most of it is going to The Salvation Army or the dump.  This purging feels good!

I'm going to decorate for summer today.  My Easter decorations are still in my living room!  It's a good thing I like bunnies.  My daughter-in-law made a comment about the bunnies the other day. I told her I've been so busy she's lucky the Christmas tree isn't still out!

Now it's time for a Mazey update.  Here she is in relation to her basketball which she chases around the yard.  She's turning out to be a holy terror during her waking hours!  She is a chewer, and especially loves the corners of quilts on all the beds!  She thinks they are her personal chew toys.  When we take her on walks, we have to factor in an additional half hour because so many people stop to love her.  The other day, a gentleman stopped his truck and got out to come meet her.  He has a Golden too.  Once a Golden lover, always a Golden lover.


I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July.  We will have a pool full of big and little kids....and a puppy!

Soon,
Lynn

10 comments:

  1. She is so cute! Yesterday there was a THUMP at my front door and when I opened it, there was a golden! He was probably about 9 or 10 months old. Lola, the normally docile old lady, got furious and her hair went up and she would not let me bring him in (sad but the way I live--ruled by dogs). I get the leash and went out on the front porch to call the tag number when Barkley's Daddy drove up. He'd been frantically looking for Barkley who apparently chewed the handle right off the gate. So it was a happy ending but I thought about you because Barkley was SO big! Nothing like my little shih tzus. Anyway, Mazey is adorable.Glad things are getting back to normal for you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your grammy squares ! Glad to hear your life is back to normal :-D


    Mazey is a CUTIE no wonder people stop to love her

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th to you, too! Isn't it great to get some really big stuff off your plate, and deal with all the little stuff that got pushed to the side, mounting up in overwhelming ways? I love your grammy blocks and can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know you've had enough when you want to get back to normal, Lynn! Seems like you've been on a whirlwind since last summer! Love those Grammy squares but in this case I love Mazey more (wink)! She has the most devlish look on her face....what can I chew on next, Mom?! Have a wonderful, relaxing 4th!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try getting Mazey the small deer antlers for sale in pet stores. They are wonderful for keeping the dogs teeth clean and best yet, dogs love them. Do not get the elk ones. For some reason, dogs prefer deer antlers. And, even my daughter's collie loves them and she is picky. If you find deer antler sheds in the mountains, your husband can cut them up into smaller pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! Our lives are too parallel! We did a bunch of garage purging last month! There are still bunnies in the dining room & Christmas banners in the living room! The little black "otter twins" have been helping us take up the old kitchen linoleum that we've gone back and forth about what to replace it with, so they have a new "daycare playpen" area. We now know it's going to have to be industrial strength! Sadly, I miss our old pool...it would be so good for me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Grammy squares are wonderful! You better hide this one from Mazey! Enjoy the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that your pool is full of kids and a puppy!!! The best things in life!! Love your grannie hexies too: I know that you'll do something wonderful with them! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure like your Grammy squares! I look forward to seeing what you have come up with. Mazey is just too cute, but somehow not so cute while chewing up quilts! I hope you and your family have a Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a new labradoodle pup and traing too! Don't you forget the early years of puppy training? The joys...lol! We crate train so it doesn't have opportunities...but oh do I hear ya! We have 6 more wks before taking him for walks to parks and through neighborhood courtesy of that parvovirus. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete