Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Back to Butterscotch Baskets

Hello Everyone,
 
Hope you all enjoyed my guest blogger yesterday.  I know I did.  It is hard to get good help these days, but not for me.  Gail is always ready to step up to the plate and help me when I need her.
 
While she was slaving away, I mean working on Walk in the Park, I was working on Butterscotch Baskets.  The star points in this blocks are made with a large scale print......and it works!
 
 
I also made some little baskets.  I have a block layout sheet included in the pattern so you can lay your parts and pieces out and not get confused.  In my age group, I need all the help I can get.
 


Here are some more of the blocks that will be in the quilt.




Here is my progress so far in addition to 16 more blocks that I will sew together in groups of four, with the little red "button" in the middle.


This morning I'm off to Cloth and Quilts in Turlock, CA to teach my Country Charmer pattern.   It is always fun to get out of town and meet some new quilters. The added benefit is that I get to go shopping in their shop too!
 
I'll post class pictures tomorrow so you can see some country charmer blocks made out in the countryside and rolling farmlands of the great Sacramento Valley.
 
Soon,
 
Lynn

5 comments:

  1. The quilt is really coming together!! Have a great time and safe travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your star blocks are wonderful. Such a great mixture stars and baskets. Looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really doing great with this fabric!
    I like the way the center block bleeds into the SNS triangles - good idea and great color combo's.
    Have fun with your class! Enjoyed Gail's Blog! Too Funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy seeing your fabric choices and progress. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete