Saturday, November 25, 2017

Let the Holiday Preparations Begin

Hello Everyone,
 
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We celebrated the weekend before Thanksgiving with the entire family.  After our dinner, we cleared the table and played a new game called Scrawl.  I laughed so hard, I actually hurt the next day!
 
Here's an update on Country Sunshine.  
 
 
 
I've added a few more blocks to my design wall along with the sashing.
 





We brought our granddaughter back to the cabin with us for a few days.  Her request was a walk through Calaveras Big Tress State Park.  This park is only three miles from our cabin and we love to go for walks through the big trees.  While walking in the park, we saw Madeleine, a quilter from Livermore and her family!  Small world. 


Thanksgiving is a time for reflection on the loved ones who are no longer joining us at our Thanksgiving table. 


While I was out walking with Mazey yesterday, I got this hair-brained idea to move most of the furniture around in the cabin to make room for the Christmas Tree.  Mr. Joe hates it when I start a sentence with, "I have an idea......."  I decided to put the tree in the dining room, and the dining table in the great room.  I love the reflection of the tree in all of the windows! This was an unintended consequence which absolutely thrilled me. 

 
I'll resume my Wilder Moving and Storage job today and work on decorating the cabin during the football games.  Half of my decorations are at the city house, and the remainder are here.  I'm not quite sure what I have until I open the boxes, and I'm going to make-do with what I have. 
 
One thing this move taught me was that we have way toooooo much stuff that we can live without.  Simplify, simplify, simplify is going to be my new mantra.  Except when it comes to quilting.
 
My little Etsy store has been keeping me busy filling orders.  It has been fun, and I think I've picked up a few more Sew'n Wild Oaks followers to add to my groupie list.
 
Have a great weekend!
 
Soon,
Lynn 
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. good morning. I LOVE where you put your tree and yes simplify ( which when I mention that word my husband first looks at me then laughs). We are trying. Your place will look and looks wonderful. Have a good weekend Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simplified after all the kids left, which was easy as they were the ones that had all the 'stuff'. I do love this pattern and can't wait for it to be available. Your tree is just so pretty in the corner with reflection from all the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your country sunshine is coming along beautifully, and the tree in the dining room is just gorgeous!!! Is is so pretty shining in the windows! Have a great weekend! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tree looks fantastic in the dining room. Your are right about the reflections. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Lynn..The quilt, Calaveras Big Trees, the photos, the tree and its reflections.Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree looks beautiful and I'm loving your blocks! Would love to take a walk in Big Trees Park too one day ... yes, maybe one day ...

    ReplyDelete