Thursday, August 1, 2019

Quilts From My Patterns

Hello Everyone,
 
I love to get emails from quilters.  I especially love the emails showing me their award winning quilts made from my patterns.
 
Lyn, from Australia sent me this picture of Heritage which she entered in her State Show, Victorian Quilter’s Showcase last week and it was runner up in the Traditional Pieced Quilt category. Lyn quilted this on her Statler.  I kept zooming in on the borders and across the entire quilt.  It's gorgeous Lyn!
 
 
 
Elizabeth sent me a picture of her dining room with Cute as a Button on her table.  I want to have a meal at Elizabeth's house just so I can gaze at the quilt on the wall!  What an elegant setting.
 

 
Busy, busy here getting ready for the first of my two retreats.  My sister, and two quilting friends arrive today to help me cut, cut, cut, and fold, fold, fold kits and fat 1/8th bundles.  I'll be taking pictures over the next few days to show you our progress.

My dining room is stacked to the gills with boxes of fabric.  I hope the girls don't head for home when they see what they have to do over the next few days.

I get up early, usually around 5am every morning.  I make my coffee and sit down to my computer and start working.  The other morning around 6:30am, I put the bird feeders out on the deck, came back inside and started making another cup of coffee.  I looked out my kitchen window and saw four, yes FOUR bears running down the hill to my cabin.  I grabbed my iPad and went out on the deck to take pictures.  Our deck is about 15 feet off the ground, so I felt safe......right?

As soon as the mama growled at me, I turned around and got back into the house as fast as I could.  I never knew I could move so quickly.  I actually think mom was telling the cubs to get to safety.  I took this picture outside our guest bedroom.  No wonder we don't have many two-legged visitors!


I took this picture from the safety of my dining room.

 
 
Here they are in the back yard.  Mom had already walked off into the woods.
 


We have been hearing, and seeing pictures of this family all over our neighborhood of Blue Lake Springs.  I felt so lucky to see them, but, BUT, I will definitely be on the alert and carry my air horn on my walks.  The quartet of bears sure got this old gals heart pumping out of her chest! Through all of this excitement, Mazey never made a peep.  Some watchdog. 

Last night on our walk before lights out, we saw a coyote.  Again, Mazey never made a peep.  Maybe we need to get her eyes and nose checked out. 

So, if you go out in the woods today....be on the lookout for a Teddy Bears Picnic.

Soon,
Lynn



 

7 comments:

  1. Mother Nature at her finest! She always demands respect. Love the photos, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely works of your quilts! Congrats to the ribbon winner. It really looks wonderful!
    The photos of the bears are so cute! I'm glad you could see them from inside probably a lot more enjoyable that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures of your latest bear adventure! Our Sonoma County Fair opens today. I entered Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for the wonderful photos of the blankets, wonderful dining room and bears! The last photo captivated: a fabulously beautiful forest !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute bears and your patterns are so pretty made up by others who also love your hard work! Hoping Gail is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous quilts! And wow! The bears! That mom must be eating really well to have triplets!! The cubs are cute, but I'm glad you will be taking your airhorn on your walks!! Stay safe!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your quilts, and the photos of bears out the window! wow!

    ReplyDelete