Saturday, September 21, 2019

Country Bumpkin

Hello Everyone,
 
It's pumpkin time!  It's Country Bumpkin time! 


This was one of the projects during my retreat in August and will be again during the October retreat.  The pattern is now available in my Etsy shop HERE.

 
The table topper is only 20" x 20" which makes it easy to machine quilt.
 

I made another little pumpkin during the retreat and added an embellishment.  I think this would make a nice little pillow for Fall.
 


 I've started some Fall decorating.  The days are definitely getting shorter and cooler.  It rained here twice this week which is quite unusual for September.  We are expecting more rain next weekend. 


The bathrooms gets decorated for Fall too.  Guests always wonder what that "thing" is over the tub.  It's an old clothes dryer, and I use it all the time.


 I love to move the quilts around along with the furniture.  It drives Mr. Joe crazy.  It really drove him crazy when I washed and ironed the seven valances in the dining room.  I needed his help hanging them all back up again.  I didn't plan on doing a major "Fall" cleaning yesterday, it just sort of happened.  If I'd planned it, I would have dreaded it and put it off.



We had a wonderful visit with our friends of 42 years.  We always enjoy a morning walk through Calaveras Big Trees State Park just three miles from the cabin.  It truly is a spiritual experience wandering through the 2,000 year old giant redwoods.


Our son calls us the gray hairs.  This is a picture of my sister Gail, Mr. Joe, and me.



We had a lot of good food, wine, and conversation.  The next time they come for a visit, it will be way too cold to eat out on the deck.  It was almost too cold this trip, but we wanted to squeeze out every single minute of deck time before the season changes.



We have a rich history of memories over the past 42 years.  Lift a glass to memories.  Isn't that what life is all about? 

Soon,
Lynn

1 comment:

  1. My husband was at one time part of a musical group who would play at the nursing home on weekends. One time they were asked to play for one of the small churches in the valley. When asked what the group name was one of the members quipped, "Shades of Gray" because they all had gray or white hair!

    ReplyDelete