Monday, October 7, 2019

Keeping Myself Busy

Hello Everyone,
 
I've been quiet on my blog lately because I've been working, working, working, on Country Romance and preparing my booth for the Mountain Heirloom Quilt Show this weekend.
 
Country Romance is all done.....except for the pattern writing.
 

Today is the day to concentrate on the finishing touches for the pattern and start printing.

 


I finished the binding while watching the recorded episodes of the Country Music documentary by Ken Burns.  I'm sad we finished watching, since we both enjoyed watching every episode.  It was well done, and extremely interesting.


I've also been making kits for my booth.  It's a three day quilt show and I have to have a ton of product.  In my travels around the state, I purchase a wide variety of reproduction fabrics.  Luckily my friend Mary Sue and my sister Gail helped out in the latest round of kit making.  It takes a village to get me ready for a show.



Here is just a very small sample of what I will be offering.  I have tubs of product bundled, inventoried, and priced. 


Since I have my last retreat of the year the last week of October,  I hope to have some things left for the girls.  Anything left over after the retreat will be put out in my Etsy shop. 


I hear Mr. Joe stirring this morning.  He is going to head out early to help set up the frames at the quilt show.  All of the men who show up get a free lunch.  That's one way to get the men involved!

Soon,
Lynn

2 comments: