Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Snow Days Quilt

Hello Everyone,

I've been wearing my Henry Glass & Co. Madam Ambassador hat over the past few days. In between machine quilting Leaf Peepers, and pattern writing, I've been trying to spend time in my sewing room making blocks.


Little by little the pile of blocks started to grow.  The fabric is called "Snow Bird" by Barbara Tourtillotte for Henry Glass & Co.


I was wondering how to incorporate the panel into the blocks of my Heartfire pattern.


Mr. Joe came up with this idea.  I cut the panel out the exact same size as the rest of the unfinished blocks, and incorporated them into the final layout.  Before I knew it, all of the blocks were made and I was on a roll stitching them together.  I missed Mazey's walk yesterday because I wanted to get this done. 


I still need to add the borders, which won't take me too long, but I won't have time to work on this today.  Our best friends are planning a day trip to the mountains tomorrow, so I need to prepare for their visit.  We will social distance out on the deck, wear masks, no hugs, not even an elbow bump.  Our friend has stage four cancer, and he has to be so careful.  He's been housebound like all of the rest of us for months, and wants to get out of the house to see friends.  They've been sequestered, we've been sequestered, so we feel relatively safe having them here.

If you click HERE, it will take you to a post from 12/14/2009 where you can see our friend playing Santa to our grandkids.  We have such a rich history of friendship, and look forward to adding many more memories.

Soon,
Madam Ambassador

No comments:

Post a Comment