Saturday, July 3, 2021

A Ribbon Runs Through It Reveal

Hello Everyone,

This is the day I've been waiting for over the past few months.  I'm revealing my finished, A Ribbon Runs Through It for Marcus Fabrics.


I took this picture right before it went on the longarm.  I thought it looked so pretty under the Dogwood tree.

The fabric line is called Return to Elegance by Judie Rothermel for Marcus Fabrics.  My designing journey started last Fall when I was contacted by Marcus Fabrics, and asked if I would design a quilt with Judie Rothermel's new fabric line.  I said yes before I ever saw the fabric.  I knew if the fabric was designed by Judie that I would love it......and I did.

 
I incorporated every SKU from the line into the quilt.


The company sent me 86 yards of fabric, and then the fun began in earnest.



Each of the 16 center star blocks are unique.  It was like herding cats trying to keep track of which fabrics I had already used.


The ribbon sashing looks complicated.....but it really isn't.


The quilt measures 99" x 99", and fits beautifully on our queen-sized bed with a generous over hang.




The 10-month block of the month program will begin in January 2022.  If you are interested in the BOM, contact your local quilt shop and ask about it.  As of yesterday, I know of two shops that are committing to the program, Cloth and Quilts, and In Between Stitches.  You can contact them to get on the BOM list.  As the Marcus sales reps work their way around the country, a list of participating shops will be posted on the Marcus website.


I will do another post about what makes my BOM unique.  I try to take an intricate design and simplify the construction of each of the blocks.

It has been and honor and a privilege working with the good people at Marcus Fabrics.  I appreciate their trust in me, and look forward to our continued working relationship.  More about that later!

Soon,
Lynn









31 comments:

  1. Oh my Lynn, that is a beautiful quilt! I love the fabric and the ribbon running throughout. Your machine quilting is perfect. Hope the bears came to watch while it was on the longarm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps to keep the door closed when I'm quilting on the longarm! We haven't seen a bear in three weeks.....we think they've moved north to the campground. I hope.

      Delete
  2. I just emailed In Between Stitches to request sign up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and the ribbon sashing just adds such a delightful look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! The quilt just seemed to name herself with the ribbon sashing.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous quilt, and that fabric line too! Marcus is so lucky to have you design for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so sweet of you to say that. I love working with the staff at Marcus Fabrics. We are a good match.

      Delete
  5. This quilt almost sparkles! Beautiful job Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ferne. It's always so good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I know I will be enjoying this quilt in the years to come.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful quilt! You do such a good job on the quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. Your comment means so much to mean.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowser! It does look complicated but I'm sure you've got it simplified to only look difficult. Gorgeous quilt and the quilting is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sashing looks intricate, but it is much easier than it looks......but it does take some time to make.

      Delete
  10. Wow! I'm in love. Will you be selling the pattern separately? I have lots of fabrics in those colors and would love to hit my stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like the quilt, Judy. I cannot sell the pattern until after the BOM is complete. I will be posting it in my Etsy shop in November of 2022. Thank you for asking.

      Delete
  11. Does this use any special rulers? It does look complicated. Are all the blocks basic quilting techniques? How big are the blocks. Thanks. I will be making this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Unknown,
      I used a Flying Geese Bloc-Loc ruler which makes all the difference in the world when making the FG. I also used a 1/4" Omnigrid ruler for marking the HST and FG. The blocks are 12" finished. Yes, the blocks are comprised of basic quilting techniques. I have a link on the pattern to my free quilting component videos on The Quilt Show. I will also be putting monthly tutorials together.

      Delete
  12. the green print top left looks familiar....maybe similar to one she designed in the past?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this quilt. I am just hoping a local quilt shop will be doing it so I don't have to add postage to the cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always try asking your LQS to participate in the program, Connie. I know that postage can add up.

      Delete
  14. I am so happy tgT I signed up for this BOM. As a novice quilter I thought it might be go complicated but so far it's been doable and the fabric is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for this beautiful quilt .... and thanks to fabric line Julie and Mrcus fabrics ---- what an absolutely gorgeous quilt ---- I'm finishing the secondary blocks up ... and then onto the sashing - It's amazing. and it will be a gift to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm evidently late to the party. This quilt design and the fabric line are spectacular! Just a masterful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are there any suggestions if someone wants to extend it to be big enough for a king bed? An extra border strip on the sides? I love mine and only wish I could put it on our bed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Do you know of any kits available for this quilt? A ribbon runs through it.

    ReplyDelete