Monday, August 16, 2021

Retreat Preparations

Hello Everyone,

It's been full steam ahead and all hands on deck here at the cabin over the past several weeks.  I'm getting ready for the first of three Sew'n Wild Oaks retreats at Snowflake Lodge.  The quilters arrive soon, and we hit the ground running on Monday, August 23rd.


Peek-A-Boo Pumpkins is going to be one of the projects I'll be teaching at the retreat.




The pattern is now available for sale in my Etsy shop by clicking HERE.


Our granddaughter was here last week and she helped me with the kits.  There's a lot of folding and cutting involved.  Right now the kits are only available for the retreaters.  I will try to get more made as I've had so many requests.


The retreaters are coming to the cabin for appetizers next Sunday night.  So.......that also involves a lot of cabin cleaning.  I can't say the cobwebs are part of my Halloween decorations!  I started tidying up my sewing room.....it was a mess.  It's starting to look a bit better now.  

I was so lucky to find this old, wooden mailbox cabinet a few years ago.  It is perfect to organize fat quarters and scraps.  I could probably make five quilts just out of this cabinet.  That would be a fun exercise when I have the time.....HA!


More cleaning and tutorial prep this week.  My list is a long one.

Soon,
Lynn










 

11 comments:

  1. I don't usually do themed patterns all that much but love those pumpkins! just ordered from your shop -- I hope the fires are not anywhere near your area and you are smoke free - you had enough of that last year if I remember right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! Your pattern will ship tomorrow, Tuesday. The closest fire is about 40 miles away as the crow flies. Today, we are shrouded in smoke. The wind could change directions, and that will change. Our car was covered with ash this morning.

      Delete
  2. You have the cutest patterns. Love Peek-a-Boo Pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to using this table runner this Fall.

      Delete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. The retreat will be like a family reunion.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is so much fun to decorate the cabin. The problem is that I'm running out of room.

      Delete
  5. I am actually shedding some tears because I am not with you. I would like to have a conversation with you giving you some updates on my latest comings and goings. Say hello to everyone please and tell them I miss being with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must be having so much fun. By now the retreaters have arrived and machines are whirring! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete