Monday, January 8, 2024

Curling up in Comfort

 Hello Everyone,

This picture is me over the past few days.  We are limiting our trips outside to get a load of wood and respond to Mazey's needs to visit the powder room. 


Another 5" of snow arrived the other day, adding to our layer of ice.  It is so cold; the snow is not melting and falling off the branches of the trees. Today we plan on shoveling because we have to get out and get to the post office to mail the Etsy orders.  We may have to hitch Mazey up to a dog sled to maneuver the icy roads.

I saw this picture and quote on The Besotted Bookworm site on Facebook.  I LOVE it!

“The weather is a friend if you make it one. I look forward to the gray, quiet time for solitude, contemplation, reading, long conversations with friends. Colors are softer, sounds have more depth, the pace is gentler. Instead of resentment at the lack of sun, snuggle into the gray velvet quilt and make yourself a cup of tea." ~ Jennifer Jones

Art: Esther Bennink

My footnote to this quote is the only way we could have a conversation with a friend is over the phone as we really shouldn't be out on the roads to go see each other.  

Someone asked me in an email if I've ever made a two-color quilt.  I had to think for a second and then I remembered my Winterset pattern. I actually love this wall hanging.  But the reason I don't make two-color quilts is that I get bored too easily.





I love the challenge of pulling fabric from my stash and combining many different fabric lines and colors. 

When I'm not shoveling today, or working on orders, and designing, I'll be curled up under a quilt by the fire with a cup of cocoa.  Sigh......life is good until you start slipping on the ice and your arms act like a windmill trying to stay upright!

Soon,

Lynn

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt and the sweet picture & quote! Stay warm❄️ Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete