Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Timeless Applique

 Hello Everyone,

I worked my way through the torrential rain and snow at the cabin over the past five days on these precious little cuties which are made with my Hearthstone fabric line.


We never lost power during the storm, but we had intermittent Internet and TV during the worst of the snow on Saturday and Sunday.  

I enjoy combining stripes, checks and prints.....and then there is the fussy cutting for the centers.  I showed you in my last post how I make the perfect circles with the Perfect Circle templates.


I LOVE working on an applique project.  I find it very rewarding and soothing.


I have quite a few of these to make.  Four down, twelve to go.  I sew love them!


We received over a foot of snow which is much more manageable than the 3 to 4' of snow which was predicted.  That much snow would have paralyzed our mountain community. We had wind and 4" of rain throughout Thursday and Friday.  Had it been colder, we would have been in trouble.  The temps dropped on Saturday and the rain turned to snow.


I have to put all of this fun aside and finish my taxes which is the number one item on my to-do list today.  I also have to make a tutorial for the house block for Bridle Path, and finish with the Packhorse Librarian story for March.  

With all of this going on, we have been caring for a very sick Mazie.  We dug our way out yesterday and took her to the first morning appointment at her vet.  The vet thinks she has pancreatitis.  She's in pain and hasn't eaten or had any water for the past two days.  They filled her full of fluids and gave her an injection.  She's had us up since 2am, so it's back to the vet today for x-rays. It is breaking my heart to see her like this.  

Earlier this morning I was out in the great room with Mazie when I heard a fox bark.  Once you hear one you never forget it.  Normally, Mazie would have gone into protection mode and barked back, but this morning she didn't run over to the door and there wasn't a peep out of her.

I'll keep you posted.

Soon,
Lynn




8 comments:

  1. 🙏💕for our sweet Mazie💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and good wishes sent your way💞

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pets are such an important part of our lives. Will say a prayer for Mazie. Hoping the vet can help her

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Mazie....Hope she is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers 🙏 for you and Mazie. Pets are family .🥰

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. Poor Mazie. My husband had a mild case of pancreatitis and he didn't like it one bit. I hate to hear about our fur babies being in pain since they can't even tell us verbally. Thank goodness you were alert enough to see her distress. Hoping for a good report later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please keep us posted One of mine has suspected cushings 8 hr test tomorrow Linda b

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs to you all and Mazie. ❤️ Your basket handles are adorable! I need a refresher on applique. I want to do more, but I wait too long between projects and forget what I'm doing! Haha

    ReplyDelete