Saturday, February 8, 2014

Once Upon a Vine

 
Hello Everyone,
 
This is the quilt that has been on my to-do list.  Once Upon a Vine started out when I saw the Vin du Jour fabric by Moda.
 


Since I live is the heart of wine country surrounded by vineyards, I thought it was only fitting to have a quilt dedicated to grapes and baskets.


I finished the triple-mitered borders this afternoon during a rain/snow storm.  How cozy!  The quilt measures 64" square.....more of a wall hanging or throw.  I've left myself lots of open areas to fill with machine quilting.


This is a bit hard to see, but I'm going to quilt something like this in the setting squares.  I'm hoping that the overall look will be the appearance of vines throughout the quilt.  We shall see.  I may have this quilt finished and ready for Spring.  That's my goal.



There's going to be a quilt show this weekend in Folsom, CA.  Click HERE for the information.  My Madrigal quilt will be on display in the Ladybugs Quilts booth.  If you are in the area, stop by see all of the wonderful items the Ladybug girls have in their booth.
 
 

It's a wonderful rainy day here at the cabin. I didn't realize how much I'd missed a good storm.  We are supposed to receive more rain this weekend than we've received in the last 13 months!  That is how dry it has been.  I'm going to sit by the fire and watch the Olympics while doing some Olympic stitching of my own. Zinnie will be curled up at my feet, and Mr. Joe will be in his recliner snoozing....I mean watching TV and listening to the rain. It sounds like the perfect day to me.
 
Soon,
Lynn

7 comments:

  1. Love the basket blocks! Oh, your quilting is just gorgeous on all your work, so look forward to seeing this one finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your basket blocks and think you've chosen a perfect design for the open squares. This is going to be another of your masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your basket blocks are just GORGEOUS in the Vin Du Jour fabric ! Another amazing quilt ! Looking forward to seeing it quilted !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting is going to look superb on that quilt. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out just stunning, Lynn! Enjoy that rain and tell Mr. Joe he should be glad he isn't up here - Mr. Squash has been shoveling snow for what seems like days and there is more to come!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your baskets! Absolutely wonderful looking.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful quilt Lynn. I think I'm going to challenge you to make an ugly quilt with terrible quilting as your next project!

    I hope you enjoyed the much needed rain?

    ReplyDelete