Monday, June 22, 2015

More Dresdens

Hello Everyone,
 

I worked on a couple of different projects over the weekend and this was one of them.
 


The little basket-filled Dresdens measure only 4" when finished.  They are just so sweet.  The ten little baskets will surround the big basket when completed.

I originally was going to set the baskets in the red fabric, but I felt they got lost.  I'm still undecided and will probably change my mind a hundred time before I decide on the final set.  Just looking at this picture may sway me to this setting over the setting in the first picture.  I'll lay all of the parts and pieces out on my design wall and make a decision......soon.



The striped fabric from the Past Endearments line is just perfect for the handles.  I used bias bars to make the handles since the finished measurement is so narrow.

I'm off to work this morning at the shop. When I worked last week, I noticed the Halloween and Christmas fabrics were starting to arrive.  It's never too soon to start on your holiday projects!  I should take my own advice......don't you think?

Soon,
Lynn

 

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I can hardly wait to see the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good things come to those who wait, Lynn - with baited breath to see what you decide! Truly a living thing, this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo - yes, that stripe is perfect on the handles. Really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those baskets are beautiful Lynn!! I kind of like them with the pink surrounding them, but can't wait to see what you do! -) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good things come to those who wait, Lynn - with baited breath to see what you decide! Truly a living thing, this quilt.

    ReplyDelete