Friday, November 8, 2019

Baby Houses & Shopping

Hello Everyone,
 
I thought I would take a break from showing you pictures from the retreat.  Instead, I'll show you what I've been doing over the past week.
 
I took out my quilting toolbox and started building houses.
 


Little itty bitty houses.  The house itself is only 3" x 3".  I've added oversized setting triangles to make the houses float.  They aren't floating houseboats.....just adorable little houses that are stinkin' cute!


I spend more time selecting the fabrics than it takes me to make a house.  When I start foundation paper piecing, I always have to take out my own tutorial that I use for class.  I LOVE to paper piece, I just have to refresh my memory each time on how to get started.  On more than one occasion, I've either cut off the wrong piece or have something stitched on backwards.  Since I shorten my stitch when I paper piece.....it's a real pain to get the stitches out. I've been known to throw the whole thing away and start the section over. 

Now I've decided to make two blocks at a time, which helps to eliminate my mistakes.  Or else I'll make the same boo boo two times in a row!  Ask me how I know that?


I also headed to Cloth and Quilts in Hilmar, CA on Tuesday, and picked up fabric from the new Milestones line by Kansas Troubles for Moda.  This line works perfectly with my Country Sampler pattern.  The pattern is available HERE in my Etsy shop.


This fabric line is so gorgeous and is just my style.



I see a new design for Autumn.


The line has a great assortment of neutrals.  Good neutrals are sometimes hard to come by.  When I find good lights, I buy yards and yards of them for my stash.


All retreats, workshops, and trunk shows are finished for the year.  I get to stay home and focus on quilting and preparing for the Holidays. I'm getting reacquainted with my sewing room......oh how I've missed you!  I'm as snug as a bug in a rug when I spend time in my little piece of heaven.


Is it always this clean?  Not on your life!


Doesn't everyone need a spittoon in their sewing room? 



Enjoy your weekend everyone, and spend some time in your sewing rooms!

Soon,
Lynn

8 comments:

  1. Oh my they are so stinking cute indeed! And I wonder why we spend so much time choosing fabrics too, but it really paid off with these little guys as they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those houses are adorable. Now I'm itching to make some! But between fabric selecting and paper piecing (which confuses the heck out of me) one house could take me an entire day! Must check out your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are so cute! Do you have a pattern or tutorial for purchase on these? I must make some!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, oh, oh - those little houses are just adorable! Waaaay too cute. I can see how they could be totally addictive. Is this your pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful blocks, and I love that fabric line too! Looks like you are having fun!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the itty bitty houses! Please post how to obtain the pattern. Your posts are always fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little houses really are adorable. Love how you floated them. Enjoy your piece of Heaven while you can. Workshops, retreats, etc. will start happening soon enough in the new year!

    ReplyDelete