Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Buttonwood Table Runner

 Hello Everyone,

I've been busy making baskets from my Buttonwood pattern.

I received my last shipment of the year from Henry Glass Fabrics last week.  The package contained 1/2 yard cuts of Garden Inspirations by Jane Alison.  I decided to make a table runner for Spring by making just one row from my Buttonwood pattern.

I began by making 12, half-square triangles and placed them on my block layout sheet.  Once you have them made, the block goes together very quickly.


I've made this quilt three times in three very different colorways.  Here's a Christmas colorway. This was a project that I offered during one of my retreats quite a few years ago.


The following two quilts are both scrappy.


I always hang this quilt out on the front porch during Summer.


Then I wanted to change things up, and made blocks for Fall.


My plan for the new fabric is to make only one row of blocks.  This way I can make a project quickly, and have something to show for it at the end of the day.  It's just the perfect size for a table runner.

I'll be making more baskets today while enjoying the leftover snow, and the few remaining colorful leaves hanging on for dear life.  When I have so much going on, I feel like I'm hanging on for dear life!

Soon,
Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Garden Inspirations has me already thinking of Spring, Lynn! What a terrific idea to use a row from Buttonwood! I wish my not-so-nimble fingers had better "spring" to them these days to make more of your wonderful designs! "Hang in there!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know about those not-so-nimble fingers. My CBD cream and I have been best of friends!

      Delete
    2. Hi Ladies! I'm joining the not so nimble fingers club. Arthritis is really crippling a few so I might have to try some of the CBD cream. I take Willow bark and have been using an Arnica cream. I love, love, love basket blocks so I love seeing that you are doing more with them, Lynn!

      Delete
  2. It's the perfect pattern for this lovely Spring fabric, Lynn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'aime beaucoup tes paniers. Ils ne sont pas comme ceux que je vois habituellement. Ils sont originaux.
    Amitiés.

    ReplyDelete