Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Harvest of Hope

Hello Everyone,

Here are pictures from my Harvest of Hope photoshoot from several years ago.


I love to have this quilt on display each and every Fall.  It makes me so happy to see all of the colors of Fall incorporated into the quilt.

We were so lucky to have this horse and carriage stop by while we were photographing.

It's almost time for those grapes to be harvested.

I'm not quite sure what this piece of farm equipment does, but if must have something to do with the harvest.



The quilt has been on display on my $3.00 wooden rake (I can never pass up a bargain!) in our bedroom for several months now.  After Thanksgiving, I'll hang up a Christmas quilt to honor that season.


If you had told me in March that we would still be held captive by this virus for the rest of the year, I wouldn't have believed you.  It's just amazing how quickly the days, weeks, and months have flown by.  Yes, I have virus fatigue like many of you, but we just need to hold on a bit longer.

I do feel there is HOPE on the horizon with the development of the vaccine.  I feel that we will be able to get together soon in our quilting groups.   Quilters sow the seeds of hope, love, friendship, and gratitude. Then they harvest that love, and fill their hearts to overflowing every time they gather together.  

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Soon,
Lynn



 

8 comments:

  1. have a good Thanksgiving - you are right the vaccine is almost ready to be distributed - hopefully by March a lot of us well have gotten it and be ready to start getting out more - I really am amazed though that the year has not dragged by for me. Love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving. Your quilt is beautiful and I love the rake you hang it on. We have had rules tightened here too as the virus continues to spread. It is hard but I agree with you. We just need to keep on keeping on for a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful quilt and a welcome post, Lynn. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Joe, and all your followers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No better words spoken, Lynn! When we’re finally able to gather again, the tears will flow, but they will be the happiest tears ever! Bob and I wish you a lovely Thanksgiving...and Mazey, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Joe, your family and all the quilters who enjoy your blog. The quilt is beautiful. I love all the creative ways you displayed the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving, Linn. Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely, joyful quilt, Lynn. Happy Holidays, all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice quilt, and remembrance of times past.

    ReplyDelete