Friday, January 14, 2022

Playing with Scraps

 Hello Everyone,

I've been playing with the scraps that were left over from A Ribbon Runs Through It block of the month program.  As soon as I get a bit farther along, I will post the directions so everyone can make this quilt whether or not you are in the program.  The directions will be free to all.


I had a pile of cute little blocks when I decided to put a 9-patch in a few of them for added interest.  You know me, I just can't help myself when it comes to adding little special touches to my quilts. Yes, it takes more time, but I think it is worth it when it comes to the "cute" factor.

They are darling!

I'm going to "sprinkle" a few of the blocks into the final mix of the quilt so your eyes can dance around the quilt and do a 9-patch dance.  Maybe that's a good name for the quilt!  So, 9-Patch Dance it is then!


Those of you enrolled in the BOM program will not have a lot of light fabric left each month.  So that is why I'm making just a few of the 9-patch sections.  Feel free to pull from you stash of lights if you want to add more 9-patches.

For the sashing I'm using the R3311 fabric from the Return to Elegance fabric collection by Judie Rothermel for Marcus Fabrics.  You could also use a cream fabric as the sashing, or a light pink or lavender. 

On another note, a couple of weeks ago we ordered Chinese takeout.  Usually, the fortunes in the cookies are pretty generic.  I saved my fortune from the other night as it really struck a chord in my heartstrings. 

At the end of each day, think "what has this day brought me, and what have I given it?"

I greet each day with a grateful heart in anticipation of what I can do to make my small little corner of the world a bit better.  Whether it's a nice meal shared with friends or family, a few beautiful quilt blocks, or creating a nice homey environment for Mr. Joe and Mazey.  Each day we are given 24 hours to give back to others.  It can be a smile, a phone call, or an email to someone going through a rough patch.  I feel quilters are the most giving and caring people of earth.  Let's keep the giving circle growing each and every day of our lives. Give it your all today!

Soon,

Lynn





16 comments:

  1. Yet another beautiful quilt made from scraps! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You are a good example of a caring person, Candace.

      Delete
  3. Those fabrics are really pretty. I was tempted by the Ribbon Runs Through It BOM but it was just too expensive for me. It's nice that there is so much leftover fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly understand, Sharon. I can sell the pattern separately in November, and you could select your own fabrics.

      Delete
  4. What a great way to start a day Lynn! If everyone did this the world would be a better place to live. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always so positive Lynn. The reason It is so enjoyable to be around you and all the wonderful women I have met through you. On another note - I think this would be a cute "Grammy Squares" with left over fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have met some wonderful women through quilting.....and that includes YOU! I did make some Grammy Squares but I didn't want everyone to have to purchase a special template. This design is a bit easier to make too.

      Delete
  6. Your last paragraph grabbed me, Lynn. So easy to forget this simple things. And I love your leftover project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann. These little blocks would look cute in any fabric.

      Delete
  7. Bonjour Lynn,
    Merci de nous proposer les instructions pour réaliser ta courtepointe. Je n'ai malheureusement pas tes tissus (que j'adore mais tu sais que pour moi il est impossible de les acheter) mais j'ai des tissus qui pourraient convenir.
    Je me lancerai donc dans ce projet.
    Amitiés

    ReplyDelete