Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Wooly Wednesday

 Hello Everyone,

It is so nice to have handwork that I can pick up at night and do a bit of stitching and take a break from packing and sorting.


This wool project is called Pieceful Spring by Karen Yaffe.  The kit is available HERE at Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop.  I met Karen when I was teaching at Pieceful Gatherings retreat in March.  Karen is a real sweetheart and so talented.

I removed the chain stitch down the leaf that I showed you last week.  I will do a simple stem stitch instead.

It's so much fun to add in all of the little details.


The packing and sorting have been going very well.  We did get caught up and stalled yesterday afternoon when we found a box of old letters which belonged to my in-laws.  We found a birth certificate for an Irish relative from 1887.  I'm sure this should be scanned and posted in Ancestry.com. Oh, the treasures we hang on to.

The kids have been coming over and helping out.  But this is really something that we need to do ourselves while sorting through years of memorabilia.  The only piece of furniture that all of them want is my old Hoosier.  I have the paperwork that came with it from 1914.  This is going up to the cabin and I will make room for it one way or the other.  I have a good spot for it, but it will include moving a lot of furniture around.  

Does anyone want a piano?  I have my aunt and uncle's piano from the 1940's.  I'll throw in all of the sheet music as an added incentive.  I still have nightmares of my piano lessons with Mrs. VanAsperin when I was 7 years old.  I wish I had continued with the lessons which my parents paid dearly for.  I took more lessons when I was in my 50's. My level of expertise on the piano is playing a jaunty rendition of Chopsticks and Heart and Soul with the granddaughters.

We've had this ox yoke on display for years in the entry hall.  This is going back to the cabin and Mr. Joe is going to turn it into a chandelier over the "meals on wheels" table.  We will have to wait for our boys to arrive to get this mounted from the ceiling as it weighs an absolute ton.  This will be the ultimate in repurposing and it will be a real conversation piece.

Soon,

Lynn



3 comments:

  1. Your wool project looks so pretty, Lynn! We finished all our cleaning out during lockdown. It's hard work, but so satisfying in the end, plus that added bonus of skipping down memory lane! Can't wait to see Joe's repurposing...the ox yoke will make a stunning lamp!❣️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wool project is gorgeous. I love evening handwork too. Relaxing way to end the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wool project is beautifully, and all the fabrics came with the kit? Very nice! Oh to have a kitchen cabinet like that, and an ox yoke! Drooling here!

    ReplyDelete