Monday, December 12, 2022

Catch up Day

Hello Everyone,

So much has taken place since my last post.....all good.  I've been away from the cabin a lot over the past couple of weeks, so now I'm trying valiantly to get ready for Christmas and work on some projects.


We had quite the storm over the past few days.  Our little community received five inches of rain topped off by six inches of snow.  I put on my snow clothes, boots and Yaktrax's and headed out into the storm to take some pictures of the Calico Cottages flimsy. I felt like a little kid who got all dressed to play in the snow and then could barely move and had to pee.  My aunt used to call it getting "rugged up".  Mr. Joe knew if I didn't return in 15 minutes, he had to come out and scoop me up in case I went down and couldn't get back up.  You may laugh, but that has happened before when the snow was much deeper.  It's quite a helpless beached-whale feeling.

It was snowing so hard the quilt was getting covered in heavenly glitter.  Had I left it out for a full 15 minutes, it would have become part of the winter wonderland-scape.

We were nice and cozy in the cabin and didn't venture out except to get firewood and take Mazey to the powder room.  Our power flickered but never went out, so we enjoyed watching football and World Cup games.  I also spent hours at the sewing machine which hummed throughout the weekend.

I wish I could show you my 83 yards of sample fabric from MY fabric line.  I started working on my new block of the month.  I think I'm in heaven in my sewing room.


We celebrated Mr. Joe's major, MAJOR birthday the beginning of December in Livermore.  The original party was postponed in early November due to several family members having Covid.  Our daughter-in-law April, made matching shirts for all of us.



Mr. Joe had a special shirt.  He's going to wear this to his next Bocce Ball tournament.

We had a wonderful celebration with family and friends and tons of delicious food.


Mr. Joe is the youngest 80-year-old I know.  His doctors are telling him that too.  At my last writing I told you we were heading to the hospital so he could have a lung function test.  He passed it with flying colors and his doctor said....."for a man your age", you did really well.  Last week, he had a 4-hour heart stress test.  Again, the doctor said the same thing.  This week he's going to have another CT scan of his lungs to compare it with the scan taken three months ago.

His breathing issues are so erratic.  He can manhandle the snowblower around for 1-1/2 hours. Yet the day before he can't walk 50 yards from Whole Foods to Home Goods without finding a place to sit. I think he is allergic to shopping! It's a mystery and he has his pulmonologist flummoxed.  

More quilting is on tap for me today.  It is so cold and as of 5pm last night the snowplow had not been down our street.  When the snow is this heavy, all plows are tasked to keep the main highway passable, and the neighborhoods are secondary.

I hope you have a fun week preparing for Christmas.  I know I'll be busy!

Soon,
Lynn







 

5 comments:

  1. Happy 80 to Joe - all that snow is so beautiful - I have Yaktrax's too and rarely need to use them here but glad I have them when I do need them

    ReplyDelete
  2. didn't mean for that comment to go through as anonymous I didn't see that it didn't have my name until published

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn,
    Soooo good to hear from you! The "clan" looks great at your family gathering...Birthdays are wonderful at any age, but they are truly special as we get older.
    The cottages are as cute as can be AND I can't wait to see what you do with your new fabric line.
    Think of you often, hugs to Gail.
    Xoxo, Sharon McD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joes' shirt is a hoot, and the others are great. He will get belly laughs at the Bocci court. Happy Happy Birthday to Joe. I can picture you at your machine while it is snowing outside. Enjoy. Stay warm. And this quilt is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that Joe is having some health issues. My husband had a stroke March 2 and is now in a nursing home because he can't use his left arm of left leg so he can't stand up by himself, but his mind is good so we can visit. Never know what the next day has in store for us, just mighty thankful for every day. I always look forward to what you will design next. After Jan 1, I hope to start on your big quilt which I bought the kit. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Coming to you from very cold Kansas.

    ReplyDelete