Saturday, December 24, 2022

Merry Christmas

Hello Everyone,

Well, we are all down to the wire now!

I took pictures of the tree the other day during the snowstorm.  Every afternoon I would sit by the tree to relax and read for an hour.  It was so pleasant.  Years ago, I made these little stockings, one for every family member.  This year I hung them on the tree. 


 Last year I hung the stockings under the Breakfast sign.

Mr. Joe and I frosted what seemed like hundreds of sugar cookies.  I make them every year as the kids LOVE them.....so do I.  One year I ran out of time and didn't frost them under the guise that I was saving everyone calories.  That just didn't fly with the kids, and I was almost banned from future Christmas celebrations.


Here's the ultimate Christmas Tree at Calaveras Big Trees State Park.  We went for a walk with family there the other day.  It was a beautiful Christmas outing in the fresh air, blue sky and the majestic trees.


The trail was slushy but not too slippery.  We've been on the trail in the snow when it wasn't fun.  But the other day it was perfect.  Our granddaughter flew home for the holidays from Arizona State University and needed her giant tree and cabin 'fix' to last her until her next trip home in April.

Mr. Joe did really well on our walk without any breathing issues.  It's the farthest he's walked in months.  


My wish is that all of you have a wonderful Christmas spent with those you love.  We will be surrounded by family and share good times together.  That's what life is all about....making those precious memories.

Soon,
Lynn

14 comments:

  1. your house is beautiful for the holidays and the walk in the snow looks wonderful to me (husband would not agree) have fun with your family - I love following your quilting adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karen. I love walking in the snow as long as it isn't icy. There will be many quilting adventures this year with the release of my fabric line, new block of the month, four quilting retreats, and another trip to Pieceful Gatherings in March. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Love your posting this morning. Beautiful pictures and a great time making memories. Merry Christmas to you, Mr Joe and the rest of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post was the first thing I looked at this morning and it didn't disappoint. I wish you, Joe, and all of your followers a beautiful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Lynn and Mr. Joe, and all the "wild oaks" family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a warm and cozy holiday, surrounded by loved ones.
    Hugs to you and yours, Sharon McD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just picture perfect, Lynn! Bob and I wish we were snuggled up in the cabin with you! Have a wonderful Christmas! I look forward to seeing you in April! Much love andhugs🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful pictures. We had a freeze this morning. Such a change for Florida. Wishing you a blessed Christmas to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Lynn. We're very cold here in the Midwest but staying warm with good food and playing Parcheesi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Je viens seulement de lire ton dernier article mais il n’est jamais trop tard pour te souhaiter un agréable Noël en famille.
    Mon souhait serait que je reçoive à nouveau tes articles comme avant.
    Amicalement

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, Happy Christmas to you and Mr. Joe. I am so sorry to hear that he is having breathing episodes. Those are so very scary! My DH has AERD, and we go no where without his inhaler, it’s just too unpredictable. I have found that having an oximeter give me peace of mind, and helps me to help him when he is having trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas to you, Mr Joe, your family and all the talented creative quilters who enjoy your blog. Your home is beautifully decorated! So happy to know that daily you have captured an hour to read as you enjoy your festive Christmas surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It all looks so cozy and beautiful Lynn. A Great walk with family on that beautiful day had to be uplifting and good for Joe. See you soon. Happy Happy and Healthy 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now knowing your beautiful and warm home, it is so fun to “see Christmas” in full glory-just lovely!
    So wanted to join Sue and you in my home state of Illinois in March, but flying to Luxembourg at the same time to reclaim my citizenship! (a long held dream).
    Happy New Year to you and yours!!
    Donna Fry

    ReplyDelete