Saturday, August 24, 2024

Calico Cottages

 Hello Everyone,

Since I haven't been able to do any quilting in the past couple of weeks, I asked my sister if she would send me pictures of her finished Calico Cottages quilt. 


Her cat, Quinn, wanted to be in the picture while he was checking out the quilt. Her kitties become a problem when it comes time to work on the binding. 




Gail really disliked foundation paper-piecing when she started this quilt.  It took about 3 days for the process to sink in.  Once she got it, she got it, and she couldn't stop making the little cottages. Every time I start paper-piecing I have to get my tutorial out and read it before I begin.


This quilt makes use of all of the little scraps you have in bins and on shelves in your sewing room.  Gail had so much fun selecting the fabrics, and she did a great job combining the different colors.  She loves this quilt as well she should!

The pattern is available HERE in my Etsy shop. 

I'm feeling better and I had a good day yesterday, Friday.  I'm not doing much at all which is hard for me as lounging around is not in my vocabulary.  But I've learned I can lounge around, and I know that's what I need to do right now.  This picture was taken three days after surgery.  I'm standing, and walking, but not for very long.   Alex and Ricky were so concerned about me.  Alex texted me a couple times a day on the trip back to California.  Alex, Ricky and the entire Quilt Show crew are very caring, and I appreciate them.



Soon,
Lynn







6 comments:

  1. Love Gail's quilt! The colors are perfect for this quilt. Happy to hear you're feeling. Relax and take care of yourself.















    ReplyDelete
  2. same thing here april 2023....wishing you speedy and complete recovery...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that in addition to your need to be home you were buoyed by every one of those supportive people at the studio!!!! There was a lot of positive energy there and it radiates right off the page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO VERY Sorry to read of your massive pop beads blood clots! I hope they never return! Yikes, that's scary! I pray that you are soon well, and back to making beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Calico Cottages has become my favorite quilt! It was so much fun to make once I learned how to make those cute little houses! I ended up making 4 more than I needed. Moral of the story, don’t be afraid to try new things! Guess I need to transfer that thought to doing Y seams! Then maybe I could finish Lynn’s Grammy Squares pattern.
    So glad my sister is resting up and taking time to heal! She went through quite an ordeal! So glad she is doing better!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear Lynn is doing better and getting some rest. I love your quilt, Gail. Make a table runner with the extra Cottages.

      Delete