Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Introducing Laurel Ridge

 Hello Everyone,

This is the day I've been anticipating for months and months, the rollout of my block of the month for The Quilt Show (TQS) with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims.  I was so honored, excited and a bit intimidated when I received the call asking me if I would design the 2025 BOM for them. Let me introduce you to......drumroll......


This is the Grandmother's Autumn version of Laurel Ridge.


This is the reason I went to Denver in August to film an episode with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims for The Quilt Show. The episode will air at the end of December, just in time for the start of the BOM in January.


I've been known to have a lot of small pieces in blocks.  This quilt will make me known for a lot of small blocks in a quilt.  The blocks finish at 5".  This image shows the breakdown of the blocks in the quilt.


The lighting in the following images really shows off the amazing quilting by Dianne Schweickert from Livermore, CA.  It's hard to get a really good picture which showcases the machine quilting.





The kits at TQS will be offered in two different colorways.  This is the Granddaughter's Spring version of Laurel Ridge.


The wonderful people at Marcus Fabrics recolored my Hearthstone fabric line just for the Spring version of the quilt.  LOVE the plaid!




If you become a member of The Quilt Show, you will receive the pattern for free.  The pattern is released digitally on a monthly basis.  The cost of a membership is $49.95 a year which more than pays for itself with the amount of information which is at your fingertips 24-7.  There are kits available for BOTH colorways of the quilt.

The BOM will also have monthly videos which will walk you through the process.

So now I have to really buckle down and try to get caught up here under the pines at Wilder's Last Resort.  I have a lot on my to-do list to prepare for my final retreat of the year......and I have another quilt of two to finish along with some pattern writing.

Soon,
Lynn

 

 
















No comments:

Post a Comment