Thursday, July 4, 2013

For the Love of Baskets Class is in Session

 
Hello Everyone,
 
The baskets of good holiday wishes for the 4th of July are brought to you by the girls in my For the Love of Baskets class at In Between Stitches.
 
Lorraine set up her little Featherweight and made her little cutie from the kit I put together for the quilt.
 

Chris' husband surprised her and bought the kit prior to the class. What a guy!  Happy Anniversary you two lovebirds!


Here's her block, on the pattern layout sheet.....just waiting to be stitched.


Kaye is using fabrics from her stash and what a wonderful stash it is!  Kaye and I first met at the shop over five years ago while I was drooling over her stash.  She adds little bits to her stash and makes beautiful quilts.


Sylvia bought the kit and dug right in.  She is relatively new to quilting and made these two little gems.  She's all ready to set up a quilting day with my sister Gail, and the two of them are going to have baskets-o-plenty when they get together.


Gail, my pattern tester, is having a great time making her beautiful blocks from her stash.  I like the addition of the light lavender background.  I think it is going to make her quilt sparkle.


Gail made copies of the block layout sheet so she's laying out four sets of blocks at a time.  Once you get to this point, the blocks just fly together.


The girls are making their half-square triangles 4 at a time using my tutorial located HERE under the virtual classroom tab. They were beginning with a 4" block not an 8" block that I used in the tutorial.

Happy 4th of July everyone.

Soon,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like loads of fun......I wish I was there....what great looking baskets....I also like the lavender in the basket....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one heck of a motivator, Lynn! Look at the girls go! Wonderful baskets from everyone!
    Happy Fourth of July!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete