Saturday, July 13, 2013

Christmas Quilt Along Post #1

Hello Everyone,
 
It's that time again.....the Christmas Quilt Along.  This month Hazel is our hostess.  So pop on over to her site and see what she is up to along with other quilters located around the world.
 

The challenge this year is, make a Christmas quilt without using red or green fabric.   AAARRRGGGG!!  This is hard for me.  I may have to make this quilt one way for the challenge and another way outside the challenge.  So I poured over my stash and I've selected golds and neutrals for this go round.


I cut a circle in the top fabric and used the starch method of applique to finish it off nicely by turning all of the raw edges to the inside.


You'll just have to wait to see what I do next....it just might include a flange!  I can hear my company stirring in the front bedroom.  I'll try to post some more later on today after we enjoy our hearty mountain of pancakes and before we head out for a hike.

Soon,
Lynn

7 comments:

  1. Looks interesting. I think we can trust you to make something beautiful. Look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you finally got out of bed to join us, giggle! Some times I wish we were all in the same time zone because I may be going to bed before I get to see your surprise project! Enjoy your hearty breakfast and your hike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - so neat! I wonder what you're up to...? I love the fabrics you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're just too darned clever, Lynn! Can't wait to see where this leads.....
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued by your project so far. Enjoy your pancakes and hike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fabrics and can't wait to see what you're up to with them. Hope you enjoyed the pancakes and walking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...a mystery! Can't wait to see what this becomes. You always surprise and delight me!

    ReplyDelete