Tuesday, October 4, 2016

And Then There Were Two

Hello Everyone,
 
 
.......and then there were two Butterscotch Baskets.  This is the quilt that Gail and I made together.  I'm shipping it off to Houston this week and it will be in Stichin' Heaven's booth. 
 


Today the key word is binding.  The quilt was beautifully quilted by Diane Schweikert.  Thank you so much Diane for bailing me out, and taking on this quilt with short notice.


I'm also getting the house ready for a visit from HRH.....Her Royal Highness.....Quilt Sue.  Sue arrives next Monday from England.....yikes!!  I have to get this rear in gear and get the house prepared for a royal visit.

I began with the sewing room yesterday.  It no longer has trails that I have to navigate to get to my machine.  I can actually see the machine now.  Isn't that a novel idea!  The room is so tidy and all dusted and vacuumed.  All projects and fabric are put away in the closet.  Now.....about the closet.  You will NOT be seeing any photos of the closet. 

 
Let's just say it looks something like Fibber Mcgee's closet in 1948.  There I am looking down at poor Mr. Joe buried under tons of fabric and projects.  


Today, after I make binding, I think I'll get the Fall decorations out from another closet.  Wish me luck on that front!

Soon,
Lynn

8 comments:

  1. If you're living with Fibber McGee that must make us Ma & Pa Kettle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn you are funny. Your work space looks great. I need to do that. Sort, stack, organize, but it will have to wait. I need to sew, now where is that sewing machine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - AND - your quilt looks beautiful. It will look perfect in the booth in Houston. Get ready for an avalanche of orders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BB is so gorgeous. I'll sure miss meeting HRH this time!!! Your room looks terrific and I see that empty fabric bolt holding your next project - such a terrific idea! Mr. Squash knows to stay out of my sewing room closet - it even scares me most of the time!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I've been busy getting the maids to Polish one's crown. It's nearly Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Love the quilt, but more so the image of the 'closet'. I look forward to hearing about the Queens arrival and adventures with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I could work in a clean orderly space, too distracting and fear of messing it up. Well that is the reason I'm using for NOT creating order and cleanliness....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt looks beautiful...glad you met your deadline. Sounds like your house is ready for HRH. I'm sure a great time will be had by all!

    ReplyDelete